Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How I'd like bands

I don't know if we're getting a band pack. But here's some ideas I had if it were an EP.

The world would have 3 neighborhood. N1 would include houses with garages (for garage bands) and a little coffee shop for live performances. Teens could start to build their skills in this neighborhood.

N2 would include a recording studio, with a high-quality and a low-quality recording suites that you would need to pay to access. There would also be a nightclub venue to play at.

N3 would have a large outdoor concert lot. With a huge stage, a band's tour trailer too (maybe as a hidden lot?) Other lots in their neighborhood could be used for retail/dining if you had those packs, but there would also be built in food vendors and a t-shirt sales booth.

The big game play changes would be:
-Bandsare more than just clubs, they have a name, with perks you level up (like witches or celebrities). And they play synchronized.
- Band social menu with nice and mean actions and "break up the band" "quit and go solo" as options.
- Favorites! I think this would be the perfect time to bring back favorites, only with more. Favorite color, food, music genre, clothing style. These would influence what they cook, listen too, and have special noodles when they clothes match their tastes.
- Festivals. The concert venue would rotate and be used for multi genres on different days. Rock, country, jazz, electronic, hip hop would be some.
- Careers. Obviously band would be an active career now. But also roadie, or music producer, or festival volunteer could add some gameplay.

Build/Buy:
Speakers, amps, pyrotechnics, concert lights, drums, saxophone, tambourine (for those not-so musical band members), stage construction, recording booth kit, garage doors, and sweet stuff for the band's tour bus interior.

CAS: More bandanas, band t-shirts with tour dates, ability to make band merchandise, and genre specific clothes for country, rock, jazz, blues, electronic, etc.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    *moodlets autocorrected to noodles.
  • Options
    Edit: Maybe music teacher could be a part-time job? Maybe the N1 could also have a music school, or adults could offer piano lessons in their home?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would love a big music festival that our sims could attend but also play at. The tour bus could be a rabbit hole object that sims could use for sleeping, eating, bathroom breaks, etc.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited March 2021
    I love these ideas! I would also love the pack to have expanded dancing, and the ability to form all kinds of musical groups, like orchestras and choirs. Drums and saxophones would be fantastic! I also want cellos and theremins.

Here's a picture for inspiration. :)

51077196583_6c9b860ff1_b.jpg
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Yessss, orchestra! An acapella group would be neat too. And dancing...maybe genre specific dancing? Country line dancing, metal hang banging, waltz, salsa, ballet?
  • Options
    What about stage diving deaths?? And mosh pits.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My punk Sims really need a mosh pit!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    I don't know if we're getting a band pack. But here's some ideas I had if it were an EP.

The world would have 3 neighborhood. N1 would include houses with garages (for garage bands) and a little coffee shop for live performances. Teens could start to build their skills in this neighborhood.

N2 would include a recording studio, with a high-quality and a low-quality recording suites that you would need to pay to access. There would also be a nightclub venue to play at.

N3 would have a large outdoor concert lot. With a huge stage, a band's tour trailer too (maybe as a hidden lot?) Other lots in their neighborhood could be used for retail/dining if you had those packs, but there would also be built in food vendors and a t-shirt sales booth.

The big game play changes would be:
    -Bandsare more than just clubs, they have a name, with perks you level up (like witches or celebrities). And they play synchronized.
    - Band social menu with nice and mean actions and "break up the band" "quit and go solo" as options.
    - Favorites! I think this would be the perfect time to bring back favorites, only with more. Favorite color, food, music genre, clothing style. These would influence what they cook, listen too, and have special noodles when they clothes match their tastes.
    - Festivals. The concert venue would rotate and be used for multi genres on different days. Rock, country, jazz, electronic, hip hop would be some.
    - Careers. Obviously band would be an active career now. But also roadie, or music producer, or festival volunteer could add some gameplay.

Build/Buy:
    Speakers, amps, pyrotechnics, concert lights, drums, saxophone, tambourine (for those not-so musical band members), stage construction, recording booth kit, garage doors, and sweet stuff for the band's tour bus interior.

CAS: More bandanas, band t-shirts with tour dates, ability to make band merchandise, and genre specific clothes for country, rock, jazz, blues, electronic, etc.

What do you think?

This is perfect for me. I would add create discs
  • Options
    masatsimmasatsim Posts: 22 Member
    I think this idea is amazing and I'm hoping for a Werewolves pack to have grunge inspired clothes and decoration, and it would fit perfectly with this concept. Let's see if they release something related to music this year.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Great ideas the only things I would add is a stage so bands could play on any community lot you see fit lot space is just so limited in this game I prefer multi purpose lots. I'd also need a create a band feature where you pick the singer if the singer plays a instrument or not, the ability to pick band members and what instrument they play never again do I want to see the limitations of Dine Out where you cant even have a family owned and run restaurant and the option to pick the genre of music they play be it rock pop country metal and so on.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Pop and Rock bands must come together in a Music Pack