Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Better attraction system....?

Does anybody know of a really good mod with a less complicated and less finicky attraction system than the mod-that-must-not-be-named? The attraction rating seems to flutter back and forth after a sim is married which I find confusing. One sim is extremely attracted to another and after married they just find each other very attractive. Even times when they’re not married. Thanks in advance.
Origin ID: iamoz96
Enjoy my creations! :)

Comments

• Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited April 2021
    Search up "Wonderful Whims". It's made by the same author who made that mod, but without the animated woohoo and only has the attraction system.

EDIT: Ah, I should've read your comment more carefully. The above mod does lack the adult themes, but it's still the same attraction system. Other than that, I've no clue.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think it’s realistic for the attraction to get more intense as the sims get to know each other more. I don’t use Wonderful Whims anymore but I still think it’s a wonderful mod. No pun intended.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I use Wonderful Whims and love it. But if your Sim changes due to weight loss or gain, fitness levels, even putting on a hat or different color, the attraction level might change.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I use Wonderful Whims and love it. But if your Sim changes due to weight loss or gain, fitness levels, even putting on a hat or different color, the attraction level might change.

What about right after a wedding? They seem to change attraction levels after a wedding for some reason. I have a hard time understanding the attraction system. Apologies!
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    In Wonderful W. there's a freeze setting called 'Attractiveness Dynamic World View Switch' Here's the quote: "So what happens when the World View is Frozen? Your current world view gets frozen and persists to the end of time, preventing Sims attractiveness opinion of others to change because of the continuously growing world population. " So if it's your only irritation you can tick it and attraction won't change. I do not know nothing about it's adult counterpart.

Unfortunately I can't use even Wonderful version 'cause it's merged with fertility/woohoo which I want completely vanilla in my game. And though there are settings for these modules to go Vanilla they can't be removed completely from the mod. So it's clutter my game with unnecessary irritating menus, rabbit holes and custom objects I do not want.

I was searching for other mods as an alternative, but found no one to satisfy me. Thepancake has chemistry mod based on only traits and skills. But autogenerated chemistry I feel is very random (also includes way too many of both traits and skills) and setting these preferences for each sim manually is overwhelming.

Also Triplis has Love&Hate Mod. This one is mostly about skilling and autonomy preferences with basic chemistry system. Quote: "Right now, how it works is, for example, if Sim A Hates TV and Sim B Loves TV, the chance of a romance interaction succeeding will be slightly lower. Or if Sim A Hates TV and Sim B Hates TV, the chance of a romance interaction succeeding will be slightly higher." This mod I really like in general, but it's very limited and in many cases I can't find the option to describe my sims likes/dislikes for example "camping" or "pet training"

I'm not aware about any other alternatives. So I'll be watching closely for this thread.
  • Options
    Armika74Armika74 Posts: 367 Member

The Pancake1 has a mod for chemistry system that I use. Link: https://thepancake1.com/chemistry-system-latest-version/
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a really good mod with a less complicated and less finicky attraction system than the mod-that-must-not-be-named? The attraction rating seems to flutter back and forth after a sim is married which I find confusing. One sim is extremely attracted to another and after married they just find each other very attractive. Even times when they’re not married. Thanks in advance.

I think it makes sense. I've had coworkers who usually look pretty sharp, but now and then will come in completely hungover, wearing one shoe, hair all lopsided... okay I'm kidding, but you get my point right? People don't always look their best.