Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The ability to group worlds Together

When I have a sim live in a certain world, I usually only travel between worlds similar to their home world, so if my sim lives in Willow Creek I'll tend to visit other worlds like Newcrest, Magnolia Promenade, and Evergreen Harbour, and usually avoid worlds that seem like they would be unrealistically far away to visit, like Sulani and Mt. Komorebi.

I would love if there was a feature where instead of having the default Residential and Destination worlds, if we the player could instead group our own worlds together. As an example:

The Suburbs
- Willow Creek
- Newcrest
- Magnolia Promenade
- Evergreen Harbour

The Dry Lands
- Oasis Springs
- Strangerville

The English Coast
- Windenburg
- Brindleton Bay
- Britechester

Big City, Small Town
- San Myshuno
- Del Sol Valley
- Mt. Komorebi

The Deep Woods
- Forgotten Hollow
- Glimmerbrook
- Granite Falls

Tropical Paradise
- Sulani
- Selvadorada

This would make it so that your sims and townies can only freely travel within their home group of worlds, making any world outside of your home group a destination world. So if my sim lives in The Suburbs, they can only visit those worlds listed, and they will only see sims who live in that group of worlds. If I wanted to travel to San Myshuno, I would need to take a vacation to any world in the Big City, Small Town group, where they will be able to free travel among those worlds listed, and only see sims living in that group of worlds.

All this would be modifiable by the player, if you wanted all worlds in one group to freely travel among all the available worlds (even destination worlds) then we should be able to do that. Or if you wanted to group them a different way then you can.

Is what I'm saying making any sense? Anyways, I would really like to see a feature like this implemented. It would make vacationing and traveling so much more meaningful, while still giving the player the freedom to do as they wish with it.

Comments

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited April 2021
    I can't imagine something like this ever happening, but I would greatly appreciate it, too, if only to avoid the unrealistic situation of the same NPCs showing up everywhere you go. (Looking at you, Eliza Pancakes.) If I were in charge, I would remodel the world selection screen into a world map of sorts, with freely movable icons that are literally grouped together in different places on the screen to create those world groups.

Even better if we could name each individual group, and make one of the worlds inside its capital. This is how the world of TS4 already works in my head anyway, I've divided it into four distinct regions in the four cardinal directions, the City, Desert, Countryside and Highlands, with San Myshuno, Del Sol Valley, Windenburg and Mt. Komorebi as their respective capitals.

Other than making vacations more meaningful, a feature like this would also provide a great opportunity to introduce cars and public transport, making it so that sims can still explore their closest surroundings on foot, but have to resort to other means to get to a place farther away.