Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which hobbies do you want for The Sims 4 and how?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
I would love a Freetime like Game Pack for TS4, including at least 4 new hobbies and skills.

Which hobbies do you want for The Sims 4 and how? 54 votes

Sewing
16%
mlmeadowsSimtarris22AuroraskiesZussageSimmingalMak27Blazeclaw55jesnsenlove25Ararine 9 votes
Pottery
25%
crocobauraIsb917Moon_WillowluthienrisingBluelleCharleyNoel9FreezerBunnyCowplantHearts4uSERVERFRARememberJoy[Deleted User]BookBearhvnsimmerZinarchan 14 votes
Sculping
1%
texxx78 1 vote
Forging
5%
Kulthero777calaprfySims_all_day 3 votes
Glass blowing
0%
Sports
27%
YautjagirlKennziKaigexx8lobo8xxrambahadoerChadSims2EnkiSchmidtDestin2016StrawberryYogurtGeralt_ofRiviaDaWaterRatKimmerTruthGamer96AnaTheLibrarianamaniaaaJennaLBuchanan 15 votes
Another
22%
PlayerSinger2010friendlysimmersFinvolaGracieO312annaliese39CAPTAIN_NXR7NationalPokedexMs_MikaEllupelluelluNushnushganaychonkieDragonmasterleo 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    Sewing
    Sewing I think has the most potential to be very diverse and go in different directions! You can use it to sew decor for homes - like curtains, pet beds, pillows and quilts to go over furniture, etc. Pairs well with plopsy! Obviously there is sewing outfits, similar to how we can knit sweaters and hats. But, it could also introduce cosplay and they could even add like Fandom conventions in game.

You can also sew plushies and toys for toddlers and up! The more you use the skill, the more you can make. Simmers could use it lots of different ways.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Sports
    Okay, I do want sewing. I really do. But Knitting scratches enough of that itch for me that I'd want something else first, and I picked Sports because while I'm not a sports person, they're something I think is lacking in the game. Especially as an afterschool activity.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Sewing would be good. Id like to see some more instruments as well like drums and saxaphone or trumpet.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Another
    Bands :)

(pottery from those options )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    ballet or archery would be so cool, also more instruments
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    All of the above lol and
    scrapbooking / vision boards / journaling (not the same as the journal for kids)
    Metal detecting
    Learn a new language
    Book club ( I know you can kind of do that now with the club system)
    Metal working / blacksmithing
    Bird watching
    inline skating / roller blades - not just in the rink
    Rennaise fair / better cos-play
    Tennis / volley ball/ badminton
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Pottery
    Pottery just because I'd love to sit and watch my sim throwing a pot and the epic failures that could be had as they learn the skill. It would also be cool if we could choose what color to glaze their pieces like we can choose for flower arrangements.

Sewing would be my next choice, as there are a lot of fun things they could do with that. I would hope sims could sew both by hand as well as by machine, with a peddle and electric machine as options.

Forging also sounds interesting, especially if we could make swords and fight duels with them. Along those lines, I'd also like to see archery become a thing.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Sewing

Forging also sounds interesting, especially if we could make swords and fight duels with them. Along those lines, I'd also like to see archery become a thing.

And horseshoes...
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    also martial arts, golf, miniature golf, tarot, skateboarding
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Another
    Bands :)

My Number 1 on the realistic hobby list!

And anything related to cars. <3
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited March 2021
    Sewing
    1.Sewing
    2.Sculpting
    3.Pottery

but i mostly want sculpting so i could create fancy statues of my own sims
    cause its not only vlad who is show off like that and maybe id actually let my sims pass away if i could still admire them in statue form on my yard after they gone

for sewing
    i wish we got some better home textiles like decorative pillows, curtains and such

but also like some cool clothes

like wouldnt it be nice to have sim sew themselves or their spawn a wedding dress or suit or something that would be so cute

pottery I'm kind of hoping we could one day get functional teasets/pots so i think sims could make those with pottery thing

and maybe those huge jar things which could be used for fermentation
    10795f51597b8134e8a7d9a9babf6685.gif

and obviously like vases and some decorative thingies and such
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Another
    Getting into Sims3 showed me how it is perfectly possible and deeply satisfying to indulge my favorites of martial arts, shooting pool (billiards for those in other countries for whom pool means a body of water), and playing music WITH other people. In Sims4, there are no pool tables, no martial arts, and while you can stand there and play an instrument, you can't do jam session with others, or form a band, as you can in Sims3.

So, as in Sims3,

Pool/Billiards
    Martial Arts
    Jam sessions/being in a band and actually playing WITH each other.

To Sims4's credit, they did include "practice sparring" with the military career, but it's just a dustcloud animation same as fighting. Whereas in Sims3, with World Adventures and the martial arts skill, my sims can spar together with actual animations, not some dust cloud to cover them.
    And playing with other Sims on different instruments, is wonderful.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Pottery
    Potter's Wheel
    Scalping
    Forging
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Sports
    I'd love to have martial arts, ballet and archery, for example.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    Pottery

Pottery with some good animations.
    Pottery.jpg

Building model cars from scratch.
    Model-cars.jpg

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Forging
    Forging could work the handiness and mischief skills. A kleptomaniac, instead of swiping, could take a valuable and replace it with a forged copy.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sports
    Sports is a big one I want to see not the garbage we have now like a lone Sim kicking a soccer ball or take turns basketball but like Sims games of the past where they played together such as volleyball or tennis though baseball or football would be my top choice.

Auto repair and car racing would also be amazing as well as bands karate and skate boarding my active Sims need more to do.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Another
    Horse riding/racing
    Dancing e.g. ballroom, ballet
    Bands
    Embroidery
    Origami
    Fencing
    Archery

I also think sewing and pottery would be fun.