Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Only 3 musical instruments?

Violin, guitar and piano? Unless I'm missing something else those are the only 3 that I see? I wish they would put in more!

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited March 2021
    There's the organ (with Vampires). But yeah, i would love more, like drums for example...
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    There's no way we're not going to get more with a GP/EP :)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    Maybe a good idea for a kit. If I remember correctly the sims 3 store had a violin. it is possible for them to add individual instruments that way. More instruments would be nice, and an upright version of the piano as well.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,636 Member
    A bass, a drum kit (pardon the pun), a woodwind instrument would be nice and maybe even a kettle drum? It's hard for a family to jam together with the lack of instruments. But, at least the Child Sims can learn to play the violin and piano. Sad about the guitar, though.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    A bass, a drum kit (pardon the pun), a woodwind instrument would be nice and maybe even a kettle drum? It's hard for a family to jam together with the lack of instruments. But, at least the Child Sims can learn to play the violin and piano. Sad about the guitar, though.

That's what I was getting at! I was having my family play all the instruments, but if I have four sims well then there's going to be one more extra of the same instrument or that sim could just be watching I guess...lol
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,924 Member
    My sims started a Willow Creek Orchestra. They donated 6 blue violins to the Blue Velvet nightclub. One sim plays the piano and everyone else plays the violin at the same time. The new members generally don't have much violin skill. It sounds................ incredible

(no seriously, whenever I need a good laugh I just start a Willow Creek Orchestra club gathering :D:# )
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I used to love the jams in TS3, I wish we could to that with TS4. I play the bass in RL and would love to see that and drums. I'm not sure why they weren't included in the base (bass? ha) game as bass and drums were n previous iterations.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    Oh yes this. ^^^ I used to sit back and listen to my Sims 3 families play together...it was fantastic. Wish we could do that with Sims 4. I'm not sure but if they could have coordinated them they would have by now. :/
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I want drums, cellos, and saxophones so badly! And lol, I related with the comment about your orchestra “playing together,” @mightysprite! I often have Sims “playing together” like that. And I had a holiday where an entire family of Sims was practicing singing “together.” The sound was glorious, lol!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My sims started a Willow Creek Orchestra. They donated 6 blue violins to the Blue Velvet nightclub. One sim plays the piano and everyone else plays the violin at the same time. The new members generally don't have much violin skill. It sounds................ incredible

(no seriously, whenever I need a good laugh I just start a Willow Creek Orchestra club gathering :D:# )

The Orchestra Club is an awesone idea! I have just added it to my personal challenges list, as a rotational challenge:

Willow Creek Orchestra Club
    - have 6 WC kids and 1 adult major the creativity skill by playing violin (violin skill for the Adult);
    - create a club with these kids and the YA called WC Orchestra Club
    - have a club gathering per day at the club housequarters
    - at sundays have a club gathering at the local park.
    - The challenge ends when the first kid ages up.
    - The club housequarters must then change to the local park and you can continue your usual rotation.

It will be cool to watch them play at the park as a background for my rotation :)
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    I always wished they had made the organ look like an actual organ, with multiple manuals and a pedalboard. Even if it was visual only and had no additional animations, it would have looked better than what is essentially just a reskin of the piano

But yes to more instruments
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    I'd love more instruments in the game, especially if there could be some inclusion of performing like busking, bands, chamber music (even an orchestra!). I've made a few polls here about new ideas and unfortunately a music pack polls behind things like farms, romance, medieval, carnival/theme park.

TS1 had music recording in Superstar, TS2 had small bands in University, TS3 had an active singing career in Showtime and TS4 has ...karaoke.
  • Options
    Chamber music groups and orchestras would be fabulous!
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    Yeah, not many instruments. I really need bongos while living in Sulani. I also need an electric guitar and a giant amp so I can really annoy those annoying neighbors living in San Myshuno. o:)
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited March 2021
    I wouldn't be shocked if they added instruments in kits tbh. I'd prefer a music themed game pack that also adds bands though.

Personally I want Drums, flute, and the xylophone to be added. I'd also love to see rythmicon from sims 3 return.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    Bands was one of the themes on the survey we got last year, so maybe we will get a music pack with instruments and bands?
    (I hope so! :) ) I did start a thread on this if someone is interested in sharing their requests / ideas: MUSIC / BANDS PACK -all your ideas
    I think the only possibility to have some requested items in a pack is to ask for it before they start to creating the pack (because I think we all know by now that they don't add in / fix things later on... :# )
  • Options
    Ooo yes, bongos and xylophones would be fantastic!