Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Different Room Height on the same level

I think it would be cool If I could build individual rooms with different heights on the same level, I have some great building Ideas and would like to make some rooms with tall walls and the rest with short walls but all on the same floor, instead of changing the size and the whole building changing.

Comments

• Options
    emberelfemberelf Posts: 63 Member
    I second, third, fourth, and fifth that motion. Rinse, repeat, file paperwork in triplicate, etc.
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    Yes awesom idea
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    meetkitty123meetkitty123 Posts: 524 Member
    I would love an unlocked/locked foundation tool with height measuring grid to keep track how high you are making each Fundation
    SENIOR POLLINATION TECHNICIAN #3 DOWNLOADS:
    ORIGINAL: https://goo.gl/ux61nn REMODELED: https://goo.gl/pcJwsN
    MY GALLERY ---> https://bit.ly/2N5kp8y <----

a0933d0f-c078-40f1-8aa9-1f6adbbd24d3-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    crisv3003crisv3003 Posts: 85 Member
    I thought about that idea but I guess that the game would not allow as to build a second floor if we have different heights on the first one.
    Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I would love to make my house but I need the living room to be a down one/
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    valhallarievalhallarie Posts: 20 Member
    You can always try putting the main house on foundation and then a small stair to base ground where your living room is, MadameLee!
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    You can always try putting the main house on foundation and then a small stair to base ground where your living room is, MadameLee!

Nope it doesn't work like that at all.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »

Nope it doesn't work like that at all.

Doesn't it? Here's one method for a sunken room.

Clickety

• Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Yes I'd love this
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Since day 1 I've been saying I want a kitchen with a lower ceiling than the living room.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    bigdls73bigdls73 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @valhallarie said:
    > You can always try putting the main house on foundation and then a small stair to base ground where your living room is, MadameLee!

I have done that... but I build a lot of modern houses and the ability to mix and rooms with small, medium and tall walls would give my creations the proper look, I also tried using the half walls as well to give them the proper height but it messes with my ability to put a roof on them. I'm stuck with only a flat roof
  • Options
    > @crisv3003 said:
    > I thought about that idea but I guess that the game would not allow as to build a second floor if we have different heights on the first one.

While that may be true, I build a lot of houses that use only a part of the main floor upstairs and sometimes I use half walls to raise the height of the other sections but I can't place anything more that a flat roof. plus the added benefit that if you made a room on the main floor with medium or tall walls you could place a room inside that room with small walls to create L-shape stairs or even cubicle's or observation areas in the at work building
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    This could probably be done with the cheat constrainfloorelevation. I wish Sims 4 had that, I really miss L shaped stairs.
  • Options
    Huntress1181Huntress1181 Posts: 186 Member
    Yes, I totally agree with this. For both in homes and plus garages. Every time I want to make a garage it has a foundation which looks like not a real garage. So this a great idea!
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    yeah and it would be cool if we can build with separate buildings without a foundation. or, Build/buy mode needs a Lowes/Home Depot Section For Barns/Sheds and Garages.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    I know Right, Sims 4 needs that doesn't it!
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    yeah and it would be cool if we can build with separate buildings without a foundation. or, Build/buy mode needs a Lowes/Home Depot Section For Barns/Sheds and Garages.

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    > @MasonGamer said:
    > yeah and it would be cool if we can build with separate buildings without a foundation. or, Build/buy mode needs a Lowes/Home Depot Section For Barns/Sheds and Garages.

I'd love this. I like to make pool houses on my lots, and I prefer them without foundations. So it would be handy to have this ability so I could have a house with a foundation, and then a pool house without.
  • Options
    NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    They could give us attics aswell and roof windows. :/ I would love to have a secret attic with porper attic stairs.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    bigdls73 wrote: »
    I think it would be cool If I could build individual rooms with different heights on the same level, I have some great building Ideas and would like to make some rooms with tall walls and the rest with short walls but all on the same floor, instead of changing the size and the whole building changing.

We could end up having some more truly amazing builds with this option and agree B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love this - I grew up in a split level, and the home I live in now has varying-height ceilings. I'd love to be able to have that level of detail in the homes I build (or rebuild) in the game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    *Agree*
  • Options
    VinceDjansenVinceDjansen Posts: 87 Member
    It's Works in real life - so why not in the sims World?
    Would make building-mode so much more fun and realistic.
    So come on EA - different Foundation and wallheights throughout the same lot.

- And let us build basements just under the main floor of the Building - not UNDER the Foundation. I've never had to walk through the Foundation to enter the basement-level.
  • Options
    > @VinceDjansen said:
    > It's Works in real life - so why not in the sims World?
    > Would make building-mode so much more fun and realistic.
    > So come on EA - different Foundation and wallheights throughout the same lot.
    >
    > - And let us build basements just under the main floor of the Building - not UNDER the Foundation. I've never had to walk through the Foundation to enter the basement-level.

Agree
  • Options
    Jaysim88Jaysim88 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Yea this would be so cool!!
  • Options
    SimJackerSimJacker Posts: 1 New Member
    WRT:

> @bigdls73 said:
    > I think it would be cool If I could build individual rooms with different heights on the same level, I have some great building Ideas and would like to make some rooms with tall walls and the rest with short walls but all on the same floor, instead of changing the size and the whole building changing.

I think it would be cool if you could make rooms the SAME height on Sims 4!