Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Sims Be Time Aware?

adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
When you see Sims up playing games or watching TV at three in the morning, it makes you wonder if they should be time aware? Shouldn't they notice the time and go to bed? Last night I was playing a household and a teen Sim's girlfriend (Hayley) left at just after two in the morning.

People have complained at how Sims should behave better so what if Hayley looked at the time and thought "Oh 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I didn't realise it was so late, I better get home. I have school in a few hours."

I mean time awareness works when you have a Sim ring someone at after midnight just to be told "What? I'm sleeping now" even thought you see them walking the street a short time later.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yeah, this should be a thing. It somewhat was in TS2 where kids would leave at an earlier time than adults and if they didn't, one of their parents would come and pick them up saying they had to leave. That was awesome.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,723 Member
    edited November 2020
    I don't know how many times I have gone out with one sim to visit a night club or something, only to come home after midnight and find all my kids sitting in the house being fully awake. I really would have liked for that to be a thing, I want the feeling of coming home late at night and the lights are out and everyone is sleeping.

Only way I have managed to do that is with UI cheats, before I go home I drag their energy need to the red and then go home, then they can be found sleeping when I get home.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think sims being aware of their needs is enough. If Autonomy is on, I think If they are tired enough they should quit what they're doing and go to sleep, if they are starving they should quit what they're doing and go eat. It really shouldn't be timed based. Unless you're trying to get them in a schedule, I think the sim should then be aware of what the player does with them at certain times.
    My Sims Go to Bed by 10pm and awaken by 5am, Bladder/Hygiene/Hunger up 7am, and then we have till noon and we revisit Hunger. After then we have till 6pm for dinner and dessert and then Bladder and Hygiene again and then it's bed time again at 10.
    Otherwise, It should depend on Needs and Autonomy settings.

What I would like is my Sims to be more aware of their character.
    I've only experienced this a couple of times, but I'm sure it was a fluke. Where my Sims did stuff and interacted what I wanted without telling them to! It was Simply my simself making himself a BLT and a root beer for his lunch.

I would just like to see my sims behave the way I intended, which Is why I think favorites need to come back into the fold. and when They exhaust themselves they apply what they love in order to rest and refuel.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I want them to be a time aware mostly eventhough sometime their awareness about time annoy me, like in Sims 3 I want my vampire to stay awake at night but they always want to autonomously sleep past midnight even their energy motive is still green.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    In TS2 my sim had a fear of growing old alone. She was towards the end of her adult life and single with no mate. So last minute I had her get with a guy. On their wedding day (!) I clicked for her to get married on the arch and she GREW UP right before!! She then had a mental breakdown at the wedding because technically she still married the guy.

So this sorta kinda aware of the "time"? Lol. More like aware of her age
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »
    Yeah, this should be a thing. It somewhat was in TS2 where kids would leave at an earlier time than adults and if they didn't, one of their parents would come and pick them up saying they had to leave. That was awesome.

Oh yeah! An angry Bella Goth comes and says "I've come to collect my child!"
    Memories....

But I would want the choice to turn it off, because not everyone keeps the day-oriented schedule and I would want the flexibility of choice. There are even families with kids, who are night owls, in real life (particularly if they homeschool and the parents work odd hours, some families will deviate from the 9-5 M-F lifestyle, because they CAN).

And aside from real-life scenarios, I might like a family of vampires in the game, not to have the option to socialize at night removed.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    When you see Sims up playing games or watching TV at three in the morning, it makes you wonder if they should be time aware? Shouldn't they notice the time and go to bed? Last night I was playing a household and a teen Sim's girlfriend (Hayley) left at just after two in the morning.

People have complained at how Sims should behave better so what if Hayley looked at the time and thought "Oh ❤️❤️❤️❤️! I didn't realise it was so late, I better get home. I have school in a few hours."

I mean time awareness works when you have a Sim ring someone at after midnight just to be told "What? I'm sleeping now" even thought you see them walking the street a short time later.

This hits close to home because here I was, up playing games etc at...three in the morning, right now. Maybe the Sims is art imitating life, too well?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2020

Memories....

But I would want the choice to turn it off, because not everyone keeps the day-oriented schedule and I would want the flexibility of choice. There are even families with kids, who are night owls, in real life (particularly if they homeschool and the parents work odd hours, some families will deviate from the 9-5 M-F lifestyle, because they CAN).

And aside from real-life scenarios, I might like a family of vampires in the game, not to have the option to socialize at night removed.

I don't approve. The reason people play "The Sims 4" is to get rid of stress, be creative, and basically control the worlds Sims live in. Not to have limits on the time you're able to play "The Sims 4" series. Also, because everyone has different schedules and different time of days and night to play "The Sims 4" series. Due to different time zones and other issues.
  • Options
    Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    > @StrawberryYogurt said:
    > In TS2 my sim had a fear of growing old alone. She was towards the end of her adult life and single with no mate. So last minute I had her get with a guy. On their wedding day (!) I clicked for her to get married on the arch and she GREW UP right before!! She then had a mental breakdown at the wedding because technically she still married the guy.
    >
    > So this sorta kinda aware of the "time"? Lol. More like aware of her age

Are you serious? Wow, that is so awesome! lol Her feeling that way was so realistic.

I think parents should at least be able to set a bed time for their kids or something...or maybe all Sims can have a set bed time so they'll be able to get up early enough for work or to do something else and they won't be exhausted within two or three hours.
  • Options
    CangwenCangwen Posts: 220 Member
    I think that they should be aware to some degree. I'm tired of my sims going to read five minutes before work.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member

Memories....

Yep, this. As long as it is optional, because as with most things sims, people have different opinions with the way they like to play.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    They should be aware but to a certain degree like a working or a sim going to school should have Time Awareness on the days they go to work and school like set a time to do homework or work on promotion and at a certain time like I set all my Sims up to go to bed between 10-12, earlier if they have to go to work early but time awareness will be helpful on those days but on the days they don't have to work or go to school party!!!