Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My weird idea on making better Sirens.

BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
So I just had a flash of inspiration and realized that you can cheat to give your mermaids the Piper trait (from music aspiration) to have even more mindcontrolling songs. I'm going to try this out, will post later.
Offering free hugs for your time of need.
8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif

Comments

• Options
    GenericTownieGenericTownie Posts: 105 Member
    You left us on a cliffhanger
  • Options
    Sorry, I never got to test it, because my mermaid was saving up for an instrument, and then I lost the save.
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Mermaids can't get the piper trait without a cheat?

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Uhm, what is the Piper trait? I have IL, but never saw this trait. Did not play mermaids much though.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Uhm, what is the Piper trait? I have IL, but never saw this trait. Did not play mermaids much though.

It's the aspiration reward trait from the Musical Genius aspiration. Allows sims to play/sing emotional songs.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

It's the aspiration reward trait from the Musical Genius aspiration. Allows sims to play/sing emotional songs.

Ah, thanks! I obviously need to explore the aspirations more ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Thanks for the info! Does anyone know the cheat?
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    traits.equip_trait Piper

To remove it, replace "equip" with "remove".
  • Options
    RedApple90 wrote: »
    Movotti is s/e/x/u/a/l/l/y attracted to children and proudly identifies as a M.A.P (minor attracted person).

The f is wrong with you? This is not what the thread is for. Or the forum.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I agree with you, BookBear. RedApple90 has been grossing out in many different threads today. This shouldn't be tolerated.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Well, that guy is reported. I'm sure his witch hunting heart is in the right place, but yeah. Time and place. I hope they can remove his post.

BookBear! I definitely like where you are thinking in this thread and I really love the idea of Sirens being great singers. I was a sad when piper was only available to instruments because I had a vision of a Siren matriarch who maintained her household with song. I still hold out hope that Singing will get a pack in the future
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm glad that RedApple90 has been reported. His constant spamming has been working on my nerves too.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    @BookBear Did you get a chance to test out your theory with mermaids yet?

It defintely sounds like it could work for making sirens better, although I too wish it wasn't tied to instruments.