Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim pees herself right after using toliet!

My sim went to the toilet, used it, flushed it then promptly pied herself! Is this a bug? She is a witch if that makes a difference.

Comments

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited October 2013
    I doubt it's a bug. Sims are stupid. It's that simple. *sigh* I've given up with the frustration and decided to call it entertainment. You never know what 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing you'll witness next. My cat is smarter than the these pixel beings during her 12-hour nap. :roll: It wouldn't surprise me if such programming wasn't deliberate on the part of EA in terms of so-called humor. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Steve8888SimSteve8888Sim Posts: 109 Member
    edited October 2013
    Its not funny because when she does that it takes forever because she does it several times in a row. Anyway what is funny about peeing ones self? I think it is very disgusting. Only a child would think that was funny. I have heard of a 98 y/o woman that played the sims.That means that all age groups play it. EA/Maxis should add a slider for controlling what age group the silliness is targeted at so mature players don't have to deal with stuff that they find disgusting instead of funny.
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited October 2013
    I wonder if this is a new kind of bug... I'm currently playing in the university, and there's one sim in my sims' dorm, who seems to be hungry all the time. I saw her cooking, and eating, but right after that, she's walking around with that red speech bubble that indicates she's really hungry. So it seems eating doesn't help. It sounds like similar to the toilet thing.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    Well first be aware, the Sims in the dorms at University are VERY and I mean VERY stupid and have always been. I have had them DIE, yes actually die, rather than get a quick meal at the fridge. In one dorm, I had to cook every meal and call them to dinner in order for them to eat. And taking a bath? Well forget it...LOL

Butler's are like that too. I have had some butlers that simply will not bathe.

I have had some Sims race to the bathroom, and get their and suddenly stop. No matter how many time I tell them to use it, they just stand there.

My theory with this is, in some point in the scripting the command to wet themselves is issued and once that happens, it has to play out, despite any other gameplay.

As for the OP problem. It sounds like a glitchy Sim. You can reset the Sim and see if that helps. Does it happen at one toilet? If unsure, delete the toilet and replace it. Sometimes after long play, objects get glitchy. If those don't work, move the Sim out of the house, using edit town mode and into a new house.

• Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    edited October 2013
    I've played with the university a lot, and I know the other sims there can't seem to take care of themselves. I've had no-one die, but they stink and are hungry or sleepy all the time. But this time I actually saw that sim cook and eat, and she was still hungry, which shouldn't happen.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can think of four of my University dorm Sims die of hunger. Two at the same time, and two others in different games.

They all died outside of the dorm in the back lot. But did you notice how your dorm mates sure know how to turn that stereo on don't they...LOL
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    edited October 2013
    If it happened once it would probably would have just been a sim being dumb. But since it happened several times in a row it sounds like a bug to me. Thats just what I think.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited October 2013
    If she continues to do this, I'd try resetting her and see if that helps. You open the cheat window with:

CTRL + Shift + C

Then type:

resetsim firstname lastname (with your sims first and last name in the appropriate place) and press enter.

It may help, it may not. But it's worth a shot.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Steve8888SimSteve8888Sim Posts: 109 Member
    edited October 2013
    This has happened with two sims in two different worlds. Dosn't this sound more like a bug in the game? I don't think its an EP bug as I don't have University yet. I suspect they (EA/Maxis) introduced one or more bugs to the base code with one of their patches.
  • Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited October 2013
    This has happened with two sims in two different worlds. Dosn't this sound more like a bug in the game? I don't think its an EP bug as I don't have University yet. I suspect they (EA/Maxis) introduced one or more bugs to the base code with one of their patches.

I doubt it. You probably have conflicting mods/CC- no one else has reported this in their game after patch 1.57 over a month ago. We just got a new patch mere minutes ago. Try downloading that and then report bugs to crincit's threads.
  • Options
    lauravonawesomelauravonawesome Posts: 2,905 Member
    edited October 2013
    The exact same thing happened to my Sim, in a clean game. And, just like the OP, my Sim is a witch.

Curiouser and curiouser!
    I own the store, as of 12/16/17!| Thank you | Friends?| DD Rotation & Sales Help

anigif_enhanced-19003-1450118526-12.gif
  • Options
    BeimeilangBeimeilang Posts: 2 New Member
    Travel to the magical realm and learn Decursify, and use it on the sims. It's a curse
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Beimeilang wrote: »
    Travel to the magical realm and learn Decursify, and use it on the sims. It's a curse
    Er, wrong game. This is the TS3 section of the forum, not TS4. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I wonder from where the necromancer found this thread and even talking about the wrong game. :D
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2013 and is about The Sims 3, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top