Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Alternative things

So currently, I made a bunker and wanted to raise a child with two paranoid parents, but I realized... My plan isn't going to work. The child would have to go to school. I wish homeschooling was a thing.

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2020
    So currently, I made a bunker and wanted to raise a child with two paranoid parents, but I realized... My plan isn't going to work. The child would have to go to school. I wish homeschooling was a thing.

yeah i dont really like sending kiddos to school so after they got good grades i just keep giving them vacation day via phone

but i wish there was way to just have kiddos home schooled or sent to some random private school like past games
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I basically modded school out of my game.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Emma_roseEmma_rose Posts: 1 New Member
    > @morganlefaye said:
    > So currently, I made a bunker and wanted to raise a child with two paranoid parents, but I realized... My plan isn't going to work. The child would have to go to school. I wish homeschooling was a thing.

I’ve honestly never tried this, but you might be able to try and get rid of all the doors and see if that helps blocking them from going to school?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If you have Seasons, you can create holidays and check the box for no school/work.
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    I desperately want a homeschooling option. And school choice. Every kid from every world attending Landgraab Elementary seems a bit far-fetched...and overcrowded. I know Nancy's got her hands in dirty money, but the costs must be astronomical...and how about the teacher-student ratio? Those poor overworked souls.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member

Haha! OMG this is so dark!
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    @carpe_diem lol I made a two robots and adopted two kids. The mother just died. I have no idea how she died, but I guess it was needed repairing.
  • Options
    Dancergal123Dancergal123 Posts: 9 New Member
    Homeschooling would be a great addition to the sims especially with it being something a lot of people are living through IRL currently! I think we also need to bring back the private school option from sims 2 or 3 i believe. I loved having the headmaster come and interview the family. I also think that we should have a new game pack where you can go to school with the kids and decorate lockers and participate in classes and order lunches in the cafeteria ( or bring bagged lunch) and go to different subjects and after school activities!
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2021
    Homeschooling would be a great addition to the sims especially with it being something a lot of people are living through IRL currently! I think we also need to bring back the private school option from sims 2 or 3 i believe. I loved having the headmaster come and interview the family. I also think that we should have a new game pack where you can go to school with the kids and decorate lockers and participate in classes and order lunches in the cafeteria ( or bring bagged lunch) and go to different subjects and after school activities!

Yes an Education pack would be awesome! I would love to have an active kindergarthen / Elementary school / High school (with different specializations: Art / Sport / Logic / Regular), private schools and a homeschooling option that uses something similiar to the scout badges system. Also an active teacher career (kindergarthen / Elementary / High school) where you are the "real" teacher of the students (not like in University where all the Professors are NPC:s).
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Will the social security worker come to get the child like in sims 1-3, if the kid doesn't goes to school?

Asking cause i was reading some challenges' rules and they would feel more immersive if the kids just ignored school...
  • Options
    morganlefayemorganlefaye Posts: 178 Member
    @telmarina I have no idea.