Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartment boundaries and public areas

Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
edited January 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
We should be able to change apartment boundaries and edit public areas.

Rather than have each apartment function as its own lot, every apartment building should be a single lot with multiple apartments on it, each capable of housing a household.

They would effectively function as a single multi-household lot, not unlike Sims 2 apartments.

We should then be able to open all of the building's apartments and the public areas all at once from Manage Worlds, with relevant markers for each individual apartment area, and only be limited to a specific apartment when opening BuildBuy from Live Mode.

It could be set up so that cheats are required to see or change the area markings and alter the layout of each apartment's exterior walls, to help prevent players from accidentally messing those up without intending to.
Post edited by Lorenerd11 on

Comments

• Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I second this or at least let us clear the entire lot instead of the apartment "shell" holding the lot hostage.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Yes please, that would be awesome! I wish we had more ways to use the apartments...
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    That’s what everyone wanted in the first place. The devs messed up on apartments big time.
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    That’s what everyone wanted in the first place. The devs messed up on apartments big time.

exactly.
  • Options
    giwtabggiwtabg Posts: 2 New Member
    is it just me or have the appartments become extremely buggy? i cant place rooms from the galery in all the appartments (888 spire f.e) and i cant build... what is going on... it give me the error "cannon place room due to fixed object"
  • Options
    Madz_LBMadz_LB Posts: 17 Member
    i'd like to be able to upload entire apartments to the gallery.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Madz_LB wrote: »

You can with a work around. Download it as a room. You just need to delete connecting walls so the game sees it as 1 room.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    giwtabg wrote: »
    is it just me or have the appartments become extremely buggy? i cant place rooms from the galery in all the appartments (888 spire f.e) and i cant build... what is going on... it give me the error "cannon place room due to fixed object"

I know that issue. The walls from two different apartments can not be connected.
  • Options
    Madz_LBMadz_LB Posts: 17 Member
    Madz_LB wrote: »

You can with a work around. Download it as a room. You just need to delete connecting walls so the game sees it as 1 room.

mmm, i'm aware of that, its just annoying to have to do it, particularly if you build in one of the bigger apartments with multiple rooms
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Apartments was the BIGGEST Missed oppurtunity in my opinion in an Expansion Pack based feature (not counting the base game). They could have solved the loading screen issue with actual neighbors but nope! Gotta load to an apartment neighbor!
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited February 2021
    As an addition of this, I think apartment lots should effectively function like penthouse lots, only keeping the floor limit and wall height restrictions – preserving the exterior structure, while allowing player to freely modify the floors within the section available to them.

Likewise, we should be able to assign regular lots as apartments, and designate multiple separate apartment areas, each for a different household.
  • Options
    lesometalesometa Posts: 14 New Member
    I feel like you could accomplish this by moving into a normal lot and locking the doors in to different parts to different sims.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    lesometa wrote: »
    I feel like you could accomplish this by moving into a normal lot and locking the doors in to different parts to different sims.

But you would need to divide the 8 slots of the household to pretend that they're separate households...

Or you could use roommates...

But any of this solutions isn't like having at least 2 different complete households to play with...
  • Options
    simmerannsimmerann Posts: 25 Member
    I would also like an area in apartment buildings (a basement, or set of rooms?) that can be made into a community space- a lounge, a gym, a laundry area, etc for the residents of that building. Most apartment buildings include this kind of stuff. I really LOVE the city living pack and we need to see more expansion and deepening of this type of world. It should also have space for community gardens. People living in apartments in cities really use these community spaces.