Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloads NOT showing up

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and manually uninstalled and reinstalled this game. I start out with an empty downloads folder though my documents and I downloaded the items I use to have before WA and this patch of death... and NONE of them are showing up in my game (these are the sims 3 store items). Not even the free town will show up in the game and it has them all in my downloads folder.. what can I do to fix this?

Comments

• Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I've had the same thing happen to me, just now actually. This is good though, it means that this is happening to more than one person. This implies that it is a bug that EA is prolly' working to fix with the next update. I guess we just have to search for a fix or just wait 'till the next patch to come out...
  • Options
    UpindustUpindust Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:
    I've had the same thing happen to me, just now actually. This is good though, it means that this is happening to more than one person. This implies that it is a bug that EA is prolly' working to fix with the next update. I guess we just have to search for a fix or just wait 'till the next patch to come out...

That sucks The Sims has never been so glitchy and screwed up before. Before I had to uninstall (i was getting black screen of death, but fixed that) I had one family go COMPLETELY invisible! I could move them around but couldn't get them to be solid again.. and now this.

..I hope they step up their game here soon. I've been a Loyal simmer, owning every single sims game including some of their other items out there. I just want it to work so I have a past time event to do.
  • Options
    kwillagkwillag Posts: 277 Member
    edited December 2009
    I think the reason for all the DLC not showing up in the game is due to the in-game store feature that changes the way DLC is saved. It seems to circumventing the launcher, making anything in the downloads folder unreadable. In order to correct this issue you either need to DL everything from in-game (if you game still works), or if you have mods, use the mod work around of either changing the .cfg file (do your research first)or changing everything into .package files (this could cause major lag though).

The same thing happened when they altered the way the game saved, causing error code 16. Like the saying goes "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it!" It seem an unnecessary change to make alterations to things that work fine to begin with, so adding the in-game store seems to me like a frivolous use of space for something that few will use. I for one will either go to the web site directly and browse the store or if I launch the game and there is an add, I will then go to the store from their. The new store feature only breaks the game and could be seen as a new anti piracy scheme that effects more than just store stuff, it effects every .sim3package out there from other CC sites too.
  • Options
    UpindustUpindust Posts: 8 New Member
    edited December 2009
    kwillag wrote:
    I think the reason for all the DLC not showing up in the game is due to the in-game store feature that changes the way DLC is saved. It seems to circumventing the launcher, making anything in the downloads folder unreadable. In order to correct this issue you either need to DL everything from in-game (if you game still works), or if you have mods, use the mod work around of either changing the .cfg file (do your research first)or changing everything into .package files (this could cause major lag though).

The same thing happened when they altered the way the game saved, causing error code 16. Like the saying goes "If it Ain't Broke, Don't Fix it!" It seem an unnecessary change to make alterations to things that work fine to begin with, so adding the in-game store seems to me like a frivolous use of space for something that few will use. I for one will either go to the web site directly and browse the store or if I launch the game and there is an add, I will then go to the store from their. The new store feature only breaks the game and could be seen as a new anti piracy scheme that effects more than just store stuff, it effects every .sim3package out there from other CC sites too.

Well the game works for me now.. and something odd is going on with it because some of the old hairstyles I downloaded are still in the game but not in the downloads folder.. 3 are from the sims resource and 3-5 are from the sims store. I have been trying to find them in the folders...and have had no luck. It's really starting to get annoying.
  • Options
    amzwilldayamzwillday Posts: 4,148 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I got same problem but few of them are showing up and the ones that say that are downloaded or already there but they arn't. Some are there some arnt its annoying me cuz i cant install anything or un-install my items i downloaded.