Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Medical Gender Reveal

Can medical sims on see the gender of 1 baby or can they see twins and triplets to... I have a medical sim and both parents have fertility treatment yet whenever I check gender it only has 1 baby and when i don't I usually have multiples ... So will something pop up saving (insert sims name) is having twins/triplets or does it automatically make a sim have 1 baby when you do the gender check???

Comments

• Options
    SimiLovaSimiLova Posts: 1,123 Member
    Yea, I don't believe that the doctors can see multiple babies' genders in the belly. Cause I know even with the pregnancy controller mod I have. Where it shows you how far along the mom is, how many hours til the mom goes into labor, if the mom is showing or not, and what the gender of the baby is(and what you can change it to), it only ever tells what the gender of the first baby is if there are multiples or not. I guess there is some kind of code that makes that true for the doctors as well. So unless you get a mod where you can tell genders of more than one baby, I don't believe the docs can do so on their own.
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    does it automatically make a sim have 1 baby when you do the gender check???

From what I've read on these forums, having the doctor check does not make a pregnant sim have only one baby. The doctor check will only tell you the gender of the first born. There could still be multiples and their genders are random. I hear conflicting claims about whether the fruit trick works on multiples after a doctor checks the gender of the first baby.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    The game is coded so once the doctor checks the sex of the baby, it's set and you can't use the fruit to change it.
  • Options
    WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    Yeah my Sim's sister is a Neurosurgeon and she told her she was having a girl. When my Sim gave birth, she ended up having twin girls. Wasn't expecting that one at all
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • Options
    SarahxSimmerSarahxSimmer Posts: 47 Member
    @Chimark I didn't even know you could get the gender checked! xD
  • Options
    Corpsemangle01Corpsemangle01 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Puppylove5637 said:
    > Can medical sims on see the gender of 1 baby or can they see twins and triplets to... I have a medical sim and both parents have fertility treatment yet whenever I check gender it only has 1 baby and when i don't I usually have multiples ... So will something pop up saving (insert sims name) is having twins/triplets or does it automatically make a sim have 1 baby when you do the gender check???

No, not in my experience. At one point when I was playing the Sims 3, I had a couple who were about to have their first child together (though the wife already had a daughter from a previous marriage). They wanted separate genders, so I went to Geffrey Landgrab with the wife to find out what the baby was so I could get the other gender and they could both get their wishes. However, I tried this three times to no avail. Come time to for the woman to have her baby, and low and behold, she ends up with boy/ girl twins- without any intervention from me. So no, it only works with one baby- or maybe with same sex multiples.
  • Options
    EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2015 and had come to a natural conclusion, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top