Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Ghosts Are Showing Up in the Paranormal Investigator Career

Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
Each time I go to a gig, there are never ghosts to exorcise on the lot. There are random little slime puddles, dolls, and vines that show up, but no ghosts.

I've tried pulling out my mods and trying another gig and I still have this problem. I'm really confused about what to do to fix this.
ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif

Comments

• Options
    I'm running the repair thing on my game currently, so hopefully that fixes it. A bit bummed because I've been looking forward to this pack all week and the first day I get a chance to play it's not functioning correctly :confounded:
  • Options
    I ended up fixing the problem. The sim I was using was glitched. I made a clone of her in CAS and play tested, everything with the Paranormal career worked fine. Not sure what went wrong with her but oh well.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Could you tell me more about that sim you were using, their life state and how they got the job? Perhaps we can figure out what exactly it is that causes a sim to become glitched for the career.

I have the exact same problem. My sim is a female spellcaster living in a haunted house, where the ghosts were appearing just fine. She got her licence from Guidry after maxing the Medium skill, and left her previous semi-active career to become a paranormal investigator, except all she does now is wait for dawn because nothing happens at the houses she visits.

My guess is: Either you're not supposed to be a paranormal investigator while also living in a haunted house yourself, or something went wrong while switching careers. But if your sim didn't live in a haunted house or have a different job before, then that can't be it...
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    My spellcaster sim lives in a haunted house and is a paranormal investigator. During the first two or three level 1 gigs there were only slime puddles, dolls and those tendrils. At level 2 the first ghost Temperance appeared.
  • Options
    palmtrepalmtre Posts: 1 New Member
    I had this problem after my sim moved to a new, non-haunted house. She'd show up to a gig and there were no ghosts, no haunted objects appearing.
    I set her new house's lot type to "haunted house" and that brought back the haunted objects appearing for gigs.
    I gave her a séance table and that brought back the ghosts.