Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Catalog Hints

EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
So I wondered if there were any hints in the Snowy Escape descriptions and I went through them. Take this with a grain of salt, but hints for future packs are common in the game so who knows :) These were the finds:

- There are a few mentions of robbing banks and jewel thiefs (it’s in a few descriptions, the furry rug is one of them)
- Someone named Lara Klusemann is mentioned. George Klusemann was a children’s books author.
- There are many love and relationships references throughout the descriptions. Makes sense for objects that are meant to be cosy and wintery though.
- There is a mention of someone disguised as a bellhop (Scandalous Snow Dreams nightstand), and there’s also a bellhop Simmie that you can get from the the vending machine.
- There are multiple references to weddings and a honeymoon (the Heater, Lodge table)
- Soap Opera’s and dramatic TV plots are mentioned a few times.
- There’s two mentions of a Baguette eating contest
- There is a reference to the movie Poltergeist (1982). It’s in the description of Paranormal Plates. It’s a play on the ‘Stack of chairs' in that movie.
- There’s one description that is called ‘Destination Privy’. It describes a luxurious building/resort where there’s a a mall with many shops on one floor, a sports center on another, a zoo and botanical gardens on another.
- A Barn is mentioned one time (under ‘World’s fastest table’).

Of course the bellhops are interesting because Snowy Escape lacked hotels/resorts but they were in this year’s survey. The baguette eating contest and the barn are also strange because they seem so random. The Paranormal one is also an odd one imo because the reference to Poltergeist is so obvious. And the Destination Privy could also mean something because we had the future cube hint (‘destination to elope’), the eloping patch and Malls in this year’s survey.

I personally think the rest are just fun/inspired writing, haha. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Did you find any hints for a medieval pack?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2020
    kostasmpi wrote: »

there is 2 medieval simmie from what i have seen

i hope the romance hints are real i just neeeeed romance pack so bad

would also love past themed or occult
    or hotels could go with the romance theme...

also soap opera is interesting because ts2 sort of had that vibe and i do really wish we could have that in ts4 like sims just being more dramatic about things
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    kostasmpi wrote: »

There are two medieval Simmies like @Simmingal said. And there's a description that mentions Ottomans, which could point to Medieval times (Ottoman Empire) maybe?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2020
    Thank you for taking the time to post this! I love to hear what people find hiding in the game but I'm too lazy to search or read descriptions lol 😅😅
    I mean it's all speculation of course but it sounds like malls, hotels, possible midevil, happy haunts, farms , robbers and romance 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    - There are many love and relationships references throughout the descriptions. Makes sense for objects that are meant to be cosy and wintery though.
    - There is a mention of someone disguised as a bellhop (Scandalous Snow Dreams nightstand), and there’s also a bellhop Simmie that you can get from the the vending machine.
    - There are multiple references to weddings and a honeymoon (the Heater, Lodge table)

All of these seem very fitting for a Parisian themed love getaway pack featuring hotels perhaps?

- Someone named Lara Klusemann is mentioned. George Klusemann was a children’s books author.

Also I decided to google this name, and funnily enough the first result is "Klusemann George. Paris Cahier du Dragon, 1974"

I'd put this down to massive coincidence, but it was surprising to see that pop up by just searching for the name itself.

• Options
    PlayingOnPs4PlayingOnPs4 Posts: 3 New Member
    The three most frequently rumored features in “leaks” are French worlds, better romance/weddings, and fleshing out Criminals. Considering those are also the things hinted at the most here I genuinely believe these features are on their way.
  • Options
    Thank you for taking the time to post this! I love to hear what people find hiding in the game but I'm too lazy to search or read descriptions lol 😅😅
    I mean it's all speculation of course but it sounds like malls, hotels, possible midevil, happy haunts, farms , robbers and romance 😌

Of course! I love hidden clues and the catalog descriptions so it's a win win 😂 Yes these were interesting to me too, because we've heard about almost all of those themes in surveys.
    Holiday wrote: »

All of these seem very fitting for a Parisian themed love getaway pack featuring hotels perhaps?

Also I decided to google this name, and funnily enough the first result is "Klusemann George. Paris Cahier du Dragon, 1974"

I'd put this down to massive coincidence, but it was surprising to see that pop up by just searching for the name itself.

That would be cool, I hope it's something as many people seem to want that pack.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I know about the medieval simmies. I was wondering if there is anything else in the descriptions.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    So I wondered if there were any hints in the Snowy Escape descriptions and I went through them. Take this with a grain of salt, but hints for future packs are common in the game so who knows :) These were the finds:

- There are a few mentions of robbing banks and jewel thiefs (it’s in a few descriptions, the furry rug is one of them)
    - There is a reference to the movie Poltergeist (1982). It’s in the description of Paranormal Plates. It’s a play on the ‘Stack of chairs' in that movie.
    - There’s one description that is called ‘Destination Privy’. It describes a luxurious building/resort where there’s a a mall with many shops on one floor, a sports center on another, a zoo and botanical gardens on another.

Of course the bellhops are interesting because Snowy Escape lacked hotels/resorts but they were in this year’s survey. The baguette eating contest and the barn are also strange because they seem so random. The Paranormal one is also an odd one imo because the reference to Poltergeist is so obvious. And the Destination Privy could also mean something because we had the future cube hint (‘destination to elope’), the eloping patch and Malls in this year’s survey.

I personally think the rest are just fun/inspired writing, haha. What do you think?

Well I could see Medieval and farming together as a pack with baguette eating contest?

I could see a hotel.wedding/romance/ honeymoon pack out of those.

I can see a mall pack

I can see a possible zoo pack or maybe a petting farm ( to go with medieval?

And I can see a paranormal pack.

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Not to sound mean, but they really don't do hints with catalog texts and I don't know why we see these posts every couple patches. People just look too into them and see what they want to see.

The only time off the top of my head when something was hinted at in build buy was when one of the devs left a baby bottle on one of the dying out chef stations to hint that toddlers were coming.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Not to sound mean, but they really don't do hints with catalog texts and I don't know why we see these posts every couple patches. People just look too into them and see what they want to see.

The only time off the top of my head when something was hinted at in build buy was when one of the devs left a baby bottle on one of the dying out chef stations to hint that toddlers were coming.

I think it's very subjective if they do catalog hints or not. I personally believe there were hints to Pets in Parenthood (they mentioned a veterinarian career and pet hairs), several descriptions in Cats & Dogs mentioned Spring/seasons, there was a space explorer description in Eco Lifestyle (hinting at Journey to Batuu), several Realm of Magic references in Laundry Day, etc (The sims community has made articles on them). I think the seeing what you want to see is just part of the speculating. Nothing too serious here, just looking for clues in good fun :)
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member

I think it's very subjective if they do catalog hints or not. I personally believe there were hints to Pets in Parenthood (they mentioned a veterinarian career and pet hairs), several descriptions in Cats & Dogs mentioned Spring/seasons, there was a space explorer description in Eco Lifestyle (hinting at Journey to Batuu), several Realm of Magic references in Laundry Day, etc (The sims community has made articles on them). I think the seeing what you want to see is just part of the speculating. Nothing too serious here, just looking for clues in good fun :)

I get that it's just for fun, and I'm not trying to be rude at all, I just don't want you to set yourself up for dissappointment.

The gurus have numerous times before they don't hint at things in the object gameplay.

For every example you named, I can name dozens that were also speculated to be and never passed, like the supposed toddler book
    "where is winter?" hinting at seasons, a pack that would not come out for well over a year.

I hope I'm not sounding mean, it's hard to display tone over text. It's fun to speculate, just don't set yourself up for dissappointment.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020

I get that it's just for fun, and I'm not trying to be rude at all, I just don't want you to set yourself up for dissappointment.

The gurus have numerous times before they don't hint at things in the object gameplay.

For every example you named, I can name dozens that were also speculated to be and never passed, like the supposed toddler book
    "where is winter?" hinting at seasons, a pack that would not come out for well over a year.

I hope I'm not sounding mean, it's hard to display tone over text. It's fun to speculate, just don't set yourself up for dissappointment.

I believe they've said that they don't hint in general and well, we all know that's not true :D No but I get that it can be tricky to get your hopes up. I can't speak for other users here but I genuinely don't care if hints don't come to fruition. (but I do believe some the past ones were legit) Time will tell I guess, and in the meantime it's fun to guess at what's next. Oh and I get you're not trying to be mean.
    Post edited by EliasVersace on
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Guessing what is a hint and what is not, is the fun part....yes, I remember the baby bottle hint, and I think they left a hint in get together too, didn’t they have a sign that looked like a toddler with a slash through it? I’m thinking they must have been thinking of toddlers quite awhile before coming out with them. The same with other hints in packs, which like others I do believe they do. Like I said, guessing which is a hint and which is not is fun whether it comes to fruition or not. And, this is a speculation thread after all.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited December 2020
    I think more than adding deliberate hints sometimes they literally just let things slip because they try to make game make sense and well if nothing in game connects to anything itd be a mess quite literally

like obviously lot of things in game never materialize how we would like them to but its more like hope that since they thought about this thing it might one day exist

example : sledding memory in nifty knitting now in snowy escape you can sled

or how there was so many pics of tropical worlds etc in the game before island living was even thing it shows they had interest in tropical aesthetics so it would be reasonable to expect actual tropical world at some point
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited December 2020
    Well I'm pretty sure that the "thought bubbles" sometimes hold hints. I remember when the C&D trailer came out and I saw a thought bubble about rain drops over a cat's head. Cats & Dogs was released in November 2017, and Seasons was released in June 2018.

Nifty knitting had thought bubbles about sled riding and we got Snowy Escape.

So I don't know if object descriptions has hints or not, but there are for sure hints sometimes. Maybe it's deliberate, who knows.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Well, I think the 'Paranormal Plates' description might have been a hint for the new Stuff Pack!
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

Well your find could very much have been a hint to the new Paranormal Stuff Pack! Great job at investigating!
  • Options
    Well your find could very much have been a hint to the new Paranormal Stuff Pack! Great job at investigating!

Thanks! I still think the bellhop and the luxury references are hinting at a resorts theme. We'll know soon enough!

• Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member

And this is the thing, because I never really thought anything of the stacked plates thing. You really don't know what's a hint and what's not, but clearly they do put hints in the CAS catalogue.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    edited January 2021
    This is interesting. Let's say (in theory) all of these contain hints, what could we pull from it? We now know that the Paranormal pack was hinted in the descriptions. Maybe we will see the return of burglars. Maybe we will eventually get a romance and travel pack with resorts. The barn could be a hint for a farming pack. The baguette might be a hint for Paris or a France destination?

Also, I used to live in Las Vegas. A lot of the resorts there have malls/shopping attached to them. They also have botanical gardens at several properties and some have animal exhibits (aquariums, lion habitats, etc.)

Do we have descriptions from the new Paranormal Stuff Pack that we can examine for clues? I don't have Snowy Escape or Paranormal yet.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Do we have descriptions from the new Paranormal Stuff Pack that we can examine for clues? I don't have Snowy Escape or Paranormal yet.

Sims now have nightmares and my sim just had one where she was in a reality show being judged lol I believe this is not the first time reality shows have been mentioned.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »

Sims now have nightmares and my sim just had one where she was in a reality show being judged lol I believe this is not the first time reality shows have been mentioned.

That's a reference to the Sparked competition and SimGuruNinja's mustache. I also saw someone posted a nightmare about being a video game developer and having the game leak out early. :lol:
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    That's a reference to the Sparked competition and SimGuruNinja's mustache. I also saw someone posted a nightmare about being a video game developer and having the game leak out early. :lol:

Ohhh yeah that makes sense lmao