Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley 2020

ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Hello, it seems like this world has been around since January, but it's my first time seeing it! Wanted to share with you guys, and see if anyone has played in it before.

Here's the main website for the world, it's SO detailed. Apparently it's an enhancement for EllaCharmed's Sunset Valley from 2011, and it has two separate versions, one with Supernatural sims and one with 100% human sims.

It has all the EP lots, plus some extra residential lots, some extra families from EP worlds along with the original SV families, routing fixes etc.

Personally, I've been wanting to play in Sunset Valley again for nostalgia's sake, but I was put off by how incomplete and vanilla it was... Now I think maybe I can try again with this new world? It looks really pretty from the outside, has anyone actually played it?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    I've played the non-supernatural version but only for a few hours. I plan to go back to it soon. It's still SV but with all the EP stuff, even dive lots (!). I recall that they didn't put any houseboats in because of their tendency to create routing problems. So far it runs smoothly. I recommend giving it a try.
    Firby nurbs!
  • Options
    Lilia1971Lilia1971 Posts: 391 Member
    Hi. Im trying to install this world. Ive downloaded the world file and put it in the game date as stated. I downloaded the vanilla version and upzipped it and ive got a package file and a NHD file and I dont know which one to put in my save folder. Any help appreciated. Thank you.
  • Options
    I’ve managed to install it. Not played yet though. Looks good.
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited June 2020
    I've been playing SV2020 since it was released. .SSV (EA version was always my favorite world) However since SV2020 Vanilla and Chocolate have been released, ever since then i play in no other world's. Chocolate to me is well balanced with the a mount of supernaturals and things to do. Vanilla i just love it.
    I highly recommend giving them a try. Got nothing to loose :)

edit omitted have been released*
    Post edited by rumbutter on
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    I just saw it today. It sounds awesome. When I've gotten more work done on the world I'm currently creating I'll probably download and try it out.
  • Options
    I’ve been playing the vanilla version for a few days now. Really liking it.
  • Options
    MadDoctor61MadDoctor61 Posts: 414 Member
    I'm playing it now. My biggest problem is with fishing. I have two angler sims. They can fish with a lure, but can't use bait. Anybody else have that problem?
  • Options
    ZtianKZtianK Posts: 1 New Member
    Been putting hours into this world! Thank you! Performance is great
  • Options
    Lapaige46Lapaige46 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello. I just downloaded this today and have run into an issue that I would like some help with. Before this download, I am currently running 6 individual Sims - 3 guys & 3 gals. I've built each of them homes on Sun Song and Sunnyside (had to evict some former residents). They were all friends with each other and were starting to form romantic relationships. I saved each of their homes and replaced them into the new 2020 game but all their relationships are gone. Is there a way I can recover them or do I have to to those all over again? Thanks.
  • Options
    bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Where do I download this world?
  • Options
    Lapaige46Lapaige46 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @bluzkat65 said:
    > Where do I download this world?

Hello. You can find information here. Good luck and have fun.

Sunset Valley 2020 - Jaga's thread over at Carl's Forum.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=31158
  • Options
    kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I don't know if I am crazy...but this is the laggiest world that I have! I just downloaded it and started a new save, and even the load time took longer than usual. I have a gaming computer that plays the other worlds (even the fixed Isla Paradiso) great, so I really don't understand....:/
  • Options
    Amber8Amber8 Posts: 208 Member
    Can anyone help me with a step by step guide to installing SV2020. Im totally at a loss as what to do. is there a you tube video?
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited December 2020
    @Amber8 I don't know of any YouTube videos but it seems pretty easy. I might even try a video later. I've always wanted to try out this world.

Go to the link provided above, download vanilla or chocolate, (or both) download EllaCharmed's world file. Replace the current world file with EllaCharmed's. Put the vanilla or chocolate in your saved file and that should be it. There is a detailed step by step list of instructions at the bottom of that linked page if you need more help. Also, I had to right click on the download link to get the download to start.
  • Options
    CeresInayCeresInay Posts: 36 Member
    Sunset Valley is my favorite world despite all the years I've been playing the sims. I'm going to download this.
  • Options
    LiverickLiverick Posts: 50 Member
    Hei thats cool!! Im working in a Sunset world too.. I miss her at The Sims 4, if there was a tool to create a world for him, it would be very welcome. I would like to share images, but for some reason, I still can't create topics here. Anyway, it's a beautiful world!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top