Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you start in the Paranormal Career?

Is the Paranormal Career more a way of life than an actual career cause I moved my sim into a haunted house (or at least it is advertised as being haunted) and that has all the stuff you'd associated with a Paranormal sim. Can't find anything on the phone or computer under Career though so must not be a formal career as such. You just start messing around with the seance table and see what happens?

Comments

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    You have to get a paranormal license first and then you can join it.
    Either Guidry the ghost can give you it when you max out your medium skill or you can buy one from the rewards store for 3,000pts.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Join the FreeLancer career and choose Paranormal Investigator as your trade. You'll need a Paranormal Investigator License first, which you can get from Guidry or from the Rewards Store. The license costs 3000 satisfaction points if you get it from the Rewards Store but Guidry will give you one for free if you have maxed the Medium skill. The skill only has 5 levels so it doesn't take long.

Guidry is a ghost who normally shows up around 9pm on your second night in a haunted house. He has a lot of advice on how to deal with the paranormal.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Is the Paranormal Career more a way of life than an actual career cause I moved my sim into a haunted house (or at least it is advertised as being haunted) and that has all the stuff you'd associated with a Paranormal sim. Can't find anything on the phone or computer under Career though so must not be a formal career as such. You just start messing around with the seance table and see what happens?

Also even if the house is titled haunted in the gallery, make sure your lot type is set to Haunted Residential by going into build mode and clicking the little house with the ‘I’ on it in the upper left corner. Because without that you won’t experience hauntings and I’m pretty sure none of the paranormal objects will work.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yup, I wanted to try an experiment so I gave the house regular traits with just a Residential tag, and just bought a table and all the stuff that goes with it including Guidry's picture. I had my sim check for the house's ghosts and there were none. So you pretty much have to have the haunted house tag.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    cjb1974cjb1974 Posts: 3 New Member
    Is anyone else having issues with the paranormal freelance career? My sim maxed his medium skill, got the investigator license, joined the career, but every time I pick a gig, I suddenly have no job, the career pane says "So and So doesn't have a career" and the find a job button is back as if he is unemployed. I've looked thru my mods, but none of them seem like anything that would affect ONLY the paranormal career, all other freelance jobs work fine. I'm stumped.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    cjb1974 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having issues with the paranormal freelance career? My sim maxed his medium skill, got the investigator license, joined the career, but every time I pick a gig, I suddenly have no job, the career pane says "So and So doesn't have a career" and the find a job button is back as if he is unemployed. I've looked thru my mods, but none of them seem like anything that would affect ONLY the paranormal career, all other freelance jobs work fine. I'm stumped.

I'ld try without mods anyway just to be sure...
  • Options
    Solved, it was the acting gig higher payouts mod. Its just odd that it only affected the paranormal career.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited January 2021
    cjb1974 wrote: »
    Solved, it was the acting gig higher payouts mod. Its just odd that it only affected the paranormal career.

There's an update for that mod that should solve issues you're experiencing. https://www.patreon.com/posts/higher-acting-25270594
  • Options
    Thanks! :)