Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do I Work The Restaurants?

I recently bought the restaurant pack and I'm trying to run one, but I'm honestly not sure what I'm supposed to do. My sim workers are absolutely crap, except for the cook. He's amazing! I had to fire my host, because he didn't show up to work and my waiter is waiting for the stupid new hostess to do something...

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited January 2021
    You really don't need to do much to set up you restaurant, make sure you have all required objects on the lot, select your menu, the uniforms, hire the employees, then you can open your restaurant. You probably missed a step somewhere if you don't have customers showing up. Also make sure your employees have access to their stations and right skills for their job.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    There are interactions you can do with the staff. You can send them for training which will help them be better at their jobs. Also, check on the customers and welcome them. They will be happier and give you better reviews.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    It's ben a while since I ran a restaurant, but I think most employees will shape up in the long run as they gain skills and you raise their wages. You could also spend some time on greeting gusts, like "welcome", "food will be served soon" etc. It raises their score. Personally I thought the restaurant built the success too quickly. When I designed a middle road restaurant I did not necessarily want it to get 5 stars, but it was hard to hold back, LOL. Loved that pack, though!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    My advise would be to not have too many tables. You have two (at most) chefs and two (maybe three) waiters and if you overwhelm them with too many diners wanting dinner, it will seriously bog down game play.

Keep in mind, this isn't a REAL restaurant, but really just the idea of one. More fun will be had if you simplify the process.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2021
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    My advise would be to not have too many tables. You have two (at most) chefs and two (maybe three) waiters and if you overwhelm them with too many diners wanting dinner, it will seriously bog down game play.

Keep in mind, this isn't a REAL restaurant, but really just the idea of one. More fun will be had if you simplify the process.

Good luck.

This is great advice, also you can offer your employees training by clicking on them, this will improve how they function, if remember there’s a restaurant management or employee management option that appears on the wheel. You can also schmooze your customers and to increase your rating, seek out the critic, they will be identified if you mouse over customers in the bubble with their name and cater to them as well, maybe offer a free dessert to butter them up a bit.

Carl’s has a great guide on operating restaurants, you can check it out here:
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/dineout/customers-critics.php
    It also has links at the end of the article other guides of his pertaining to restaurants.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    And one more piece of advice, have a lot of walking room between tables. Spread them out or waiters will get "confused" as to where to go to do their job.
  • Options
    bluehydrengaebluehydrengae Posts: 29 Member
    you just hire people and help them get better at their job by interacting with them. you can also talk to guests while they're waiting for their food so they'll be more pleased.