Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too Many Sims, Too much to do, STUCK in Indecision.

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
Yep, I’m a casual player and a chronic, chronic, chronic restarter.

I’m finding I have just too many Sim characters and too many options.
Spell-caster? Alien? non-cheat (vs. lavish house). University? Which neighbourhood to live in? How many of the others to include as background townies and just which ones are really my favourites....
.... perhaps I can play rotational or a (much) larger household. [despite the fact I’ve virtually proven my limit is four and rotational clashes with my micromanaging -sigh]

Bringing the rant to an end, but if anyone has some solutions to my (first world problems, I know) woes I would be very, very grateful.

Comments

• Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    I am a casual player and I have about 5 saved games each different so I can change style of play. Which is why I am only on generateration 3 or 4 in most of them lol

One is my sort of legacy. I started with two coupled and had their children inter marry and play rotational from there. I tend to have too many children in the families and the rotation gets overwhelming. I have a hard time making them unplayed though (as MCC will do the weirdest things with those families).

One is my gingers take over sim world. My founder was to have as many children as he can with all the redheads in the sims world. He has so far had about 30. Some of his kids have now had children, again trying to have them marrying redheads. Again rotational and hard to let go when it gets to be too many. In this case I only had him raise 7 and one girlfriend had 3 so those are the only ones I am playing.

I have an alien save (current) with MCC on alien invasion. I am trying to play only a few but wholly crow the alien babies just keep coming and I have a hard time sending back to home world lol.

I also have a Curious brothers save (They were always my favorite in Sims 2) Just two families with this one but only on 2nd generation, haven't played this one in a year or more

EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I UNDERSTAND YOU *digital and social distantly safe hug* My real advice it is to let it loose, and you can start playing safe with base game careers, worlds, etc. and change whenever you want to try something different. You can also try the content as release order.

Buy when I'm very crazy and overwhelmed by the game content with everything, I just move all packs directories to desktop and pick only a few to start to move later any pack that I want to include as my save rolls :) (you go to the park in that very hot summer day and remember that water slide from Backyards are a nice addition, e.g.)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2021
    also restarter issues here but I think what has helped with this issue is that I stopped getting stuck in one household and feeling like 1-8 sims are supposed to do everything in the game

now i create multiple households with multiple storylines which may or may not connect at some point

say you wanted to play spellcaster family but you also wanted to play vampire family just have both

perhaps they could be rivals or great friends or rule different neighborhoods or something

and you could always play any household in your save when you feel like it make your own sims play with premades do it all

though if you feel its because you keep wanting to build things perhaps have separate save to just build things cause ive had that issue too and changing my sims house every few days is really not needed
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Im in the "too many sims and not enough free lots" boat.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I'm a rotational player. I have 11 families I rotate through. I also like to build every once in a while. This is good because A LOT of my sims, especially the elderly, live in Elder Homes, 4 couples to each condo. I also have two for single moms (thank you MCCC). I also have a no-cheat save. I literally turn off cc/script mods to play in that one. I also have a sandbox save where I experiment with buildings and sims. I also have an alternate universe save. This is where my sims are like marvel heroes or villains who make it to the top of spellcasting, complete the Strangerville storyline and visit Batuu and do those storylines, be really good or really vampires, you get the idea.

I just realized I am not a casual player. :o:#
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've gave up on trying to "fix" my restartitis 😅
    I used to play a family, no goals just going with the flow, but i ended up starting over a new save after a couple of sim weeks...
    Then i started a small rotation, then a big rotation... i really loved to play in rotation and i gotta say that it was the longer that i kept with a save.
    But my restartitis just ringed the bell again... i miss the legacy play. Now i'm starting a legacy challenge. I've tweaked and upgraded the rules and tried to set every rule to my liking. I'm having a blast but let's see how much time i stick to it 🤣
    I think it's just who i am and at the end it's good because i got to play in so many ways... but i'm not trying to fix me anymore 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    My problem is different, I like to have a lot of Sims and variety in my save files, but due to lack of space I have to choose which families and gamestyles are better for me. Thats why I feel stuck.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Create a save dedicated strictly to mayhem. There are no rules, no stories, the only goal is to make yourself laugh
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I also suffer (?) from Restartitis. I have over 20 saves currently, even though I've tried to consolidate them, by moving sims from different saves into one. And then delete the saves I moved sims from. Didn't help! There are just some saves I don't want to "break up" and move sims out of. And then suddenly I get an idea, or read about something, and there I go again with a new save :D

I frequently sit on "load save" and try to decide which one to play. Flip through them and can't decide, then ending up with the one I played last time, because they actually have something going on, or its one of my 2 legacies. I just feel I shouldn't start the game without having an idea of what to actually DO, and what save to load.

As for rotational? In TS3 I never played more than one family per save. I micromanage and control basically everything my sims do. I don't care for the stupid choices THEY make. In TS4, I've learned to let go, and not worry too much. They can't do anything really "serious" when I'm not looking. They might meet some new sims, but that's easily fixed with MCCC (if they don't get a proper introduction, I delete relationship, also when I'm actually playing them) or pick up a skill or two. I'll probably work on those skills eventually anyway. Now, if they started to get new jobs or even GET a job when I want them not to have one, that's something else. Or if they found a partner without my approval...then all Hades breaks loose. But yeah, still learning to let go and play more relaxed.