Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can’t decide where to start...

Ever been away from the game a while and can’t decide where to begin?

Comments

• Options
    valairia1valairia1 Posts: 100 Member
    i had the same problem it was suggested I do a legacy challenge where each generation explores a differnt GP. I thought it might be fun
    The author of The Student Librarian for sale at Amazon. Keep watching for more up coming novels.
  • Options
    ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    The japanese world is full of stuff to do so its probably top for me. It has fireflies, spirits, bug attacks, hiking. Big and very detailed neighborhoods.
    The pets neighborhood has cats and dogs all over the place and a rly nice lot near the clinic.
    Strangeville has lots with a beautiful view of a canyon, I love it too.
    If u plan going vamp the vamp neighborhood has smaller duration days and a square for preys :D
    If u going mermaid, that... mermaid world maybe? It is a beautiful world... maybe the most if u ask me.
    Newcrest is also beautiful, but only worth playing there if you plan to fill it up. NAPs can be a headache otherwise see...
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited January 2021
    Thanks Valmont. Actually, I don’t have Snowy Escape, Strangerville or Vampires. :/ But I do have Cats and Dogs and Island Living.

Valairia, I have decided to take inspiration from that; but not following a specific layout/plan..
    Each generation could move to a different world/neighbourhood (and only then will I introduce some of my favourite, previously created characters....)

Towards the end, I will finally build in Newcrest. It’s one of the things I have never done with the content I already own. :o
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I'm guessing you're starting a new save, then? You could do a legacy, of course. If you don't want an "ordinary" legacy challenge, why not go for the "Fruitcake Legacy"? Got the idea from another forum member, and its quite fun. There is less planning and things are left to chance, like where your sim lives and who they marry. It was a step away from my usual controlling game, a bit uncomfortable, but very fun!

I've not typed up the "rules", really, but I'll of course do that if you want to go for it.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Got a new Sim going (CAS) in a new save.

What is a Fruitcake legacy @Kathykins? I still haven’t found a challenge that sticks and this would be a good time...
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    This isn't an "official" challenge. I got the idea from someone here on the forums. Not that many rules either, which I like.

Create a startersim. Preferably Young Adult. Occult or not. Your choice if you want aging on or not. I play, without exception, with aging off. I don't care if challenge rules (other challenges, not this one) says otherwise, I won't let my sims grow old and die. So yes, my gen 4 is now toddler, and their great grandparents are still YA :D Makes no sense, but its the way I want it.

Pick a random world and a random neighbourhood (I use a random number generator) I make a list of all the worlds, with numbers for the 'hoods as well. Like 1. Willow Creek - 1,2,3,4. I have avoided Magnolia Promenade, because there are no residential builds there. You can build on an empty lot, pick a pre-built empty house, or kick out sims who lives in a house you want. Cheat if you want, its not a Rags2Riches :D

Wait for the Welcome Wagon. Whoever brings the Fruitcake, is going to be your sims spouse. If the Fruitcake is married, you can either develop the relationship and get the sim to divorce their current spouse, or you can pick another member of the Welcome Wagon. If there is no Welcome Wagon, which happens some times, pick the first random (preferably local) sim you meet. (I had that in Evergreen Harbor. No WW, and the first sim I met was Knox, so he was picked as spouse). Same with neighbourhoods without other residentials, like maybe Newcrest if you haven't built/placed anything there. If Sulani is the world of choice, the WW won't bring Fruitcake, but Kava instead.

These "rules" are more what you call guidelines anyway. Main thing is to have fun with it :) I certainly am, seeing its my first legacy, and I'm currently on gen4 (I'm counting the starter as gen1, not sure how others do it), where I've never made it further than gen2 before.
  • Options
    :D That’s weirdly awesome. Going to think about it for the first generation (and others if bored/desired).
  • Options
    Simanthaa67Simanthaa67 Posts: 17 Member
    :D :D :D
  • Options
    Simanthaa67Simanthaa67 Posts: 17 Member
    :) sounds fun
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Ever been away from the game a while and can’t decide where to begin?

Easiest answer is to just start. Don’t like what you’re doing, do something else. Repeat.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Start with one sim in one house. That's all it takes.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D