Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghosts are reskinned Mountain Sprits?

I heard someone mention this? As I no intention of getting SE I can't say this bothers me but is this true?
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Kind of. My first impression was reskinned kodama. We see in the trailer that they have animations though. Now I'd say they probably had these in the works already and decided to slap a simpler version into SE to pad that pack out.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I don't think so... the spirits in mt.komorebi look pretty different compared to the small ghosts. It's hard to tell without seeing how they will look and behave in the pack though.

XJRWtnR.png
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I don't think so... the spirits in mt.komorebi look pretty different compared to the small ghosts. It's hard to tell without seeing how they will look and behave in the pack though.

XJRWtnR.png

Wow your right I don't see it either but I saw someone say it
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Somebody's always looking for something to nit pick. Apparently they didn't go see what the SE spirits look like first 😬
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited January 2021

XJRWtnR.png

That isn't the right spirits. There's two types. The other type is the Kodama and they are the ones that make people think reskin. The body is very similar. Kodama have 3 leaf like protrusions rather than 2 little arms and a tail though.

5qcSuF9.png
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

XJRWtnR.png

That isn't the right spirits. There's two types. The other type is the Kodama and they are the ones that make people think reskin. The body is very similar. Kodama have 3 leaf like protrusions rather than 2 little arms and a tail though.

5qcSuF9.png

I see. I guess we will see in the livestream how similar they are though. The mountain spirits are pretty friendly and some of the ghosts don't look friendly in the trailer.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

I see. I guess we will see in the livestream how similar they are though. The mountain spirits are pretty friendly and some of the ghosts don't look friendly in the trailer.

Seems ghosts from Paranormal range from pranksters to ticked off ghosts that would blow stuff up.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    It's not really a reskin. It's just being consistent with the art style they've made for these things in Sims 4. The RoM familiars, Voidcritters, these new ghosts, and the Kodama are all similar. They have different functions, though.

Reskin means they literally just made something look different and it otherwise is exactly the same as something else functionally. An example of a reskin would be me looking for a mod that adds a votive candle that is functionally the same as the Menorah in Seasons so I can use the "festive lighting" tradition for holidays other than Hanukkah. It would functionally be the same, but would look different.

All these spirits have different gameplay. They may all have a "pokemon" artstyle, but they're not the same.
  • Options
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    It's not really a reskin. It's just being consistent with the art style they've made for these things in Sims 4. The RoM familiars, Voidcritters, these new ghosts, and the Kodama are all similar. They have different functions, though.

Reskin means they literally just made something look different and it otherwise is exactly the same as something else functionally. An example of a reskin would be me looking for a mod that adds a votive candle that is functionally the same as the Menorah in Seasons so I can use the "festive lighting" tradition for holidays other than Hanukkah. It would functionally be the same, but would look different.

All these spirits have different gameplay. They may all have a "pokemon" artstyle, but they're not the same.

I have to agree. My initial thought on seeing the gif teaser was that they were the same, but seeing the trailer and relooking at kodama they aren't the same at all, just the same style.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

XJRWtnR.png

5qcSuF9.png

Okay I see. Never saw them in my game. It has a similar body shape but not enough for me personally to accuse them of reskinning because they plot at least a year in advance they said. So the ghost for paranormal was probably already decided a long time ago. If anything I'm thinking they decided to use the model for snowy escape as bonus content to throw in there. *shrugs*🤷‍♀️
    I'm not going to think too hard about it.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    They are not even ghosts. They are specters I think like Slimer from the Ghost Buster cartoons. Will have to wait and see. The gurus answer some questions on twitter. Ask?
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    So?
    ghosts are spirits, makes sense they look alike, it's a choice of style not just a reskin.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021

XJRWtnR.png

5qcSuF9.png

I still don’t see any similarity between these and the ghost spirits in Paranormal. I think people are just nitpicking.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2021
    They probably do function similarly. This is the game that is the King of recycling, spirits were done in Island living, again in Snowy escape and now again in this new stuff pack.

Giving them gifts sounds exactly like the thanksgiving gnomes in Seasons.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Even if it were reskin it wouldn’t have been to worse recycling practice. SE is just a glorified mod pack given the amount of recycled stuff in it.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Will people be able to mod these into something more spooky than cutesy? I understand the art style, but I’m not a fan.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I heard someone mention this? As I no intention of getting SE I can't say this bothers me but is this true?

I hope these ghost feel really different from Island Spirits, University Secret Society Sprites, Mount Komorebi spirits.
    They all feel a bit rehashed. I believe I saw a sim making and offering to a ghost. You did it in Sulanli, Britechester, and now this new pack, it gets boring quick.

At least seances bring something new though.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    I don't see it all, to be honest. Besides being the same size and floating.

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    believe I saw a sim making and offering to a ghost. You did it in Sulanli, Britechester, and now this new pack, it gets boring quick.

Did you give gifts to Sulani spirits too? I never did that, I just did Sulani activities to please them.
    But yeah, I hope giving gifts will not be the only way to appease or get rid of ghosts, I mean there seem to be different kinds so hopefully they will need different actions to get rid of them.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Someone said they remind them of the spirits/ghosts from Luigi's mansion. Idk, I haven't played a Mario game since I was...7-10?(it's been soo long, lol.)