Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets make EA fix this game!

Hello.

Lets face it, there are bugs in this game that exist for years now. This makes it clear EA has no intention of addressing them at all. I know as soon as a "The Sims 5" is announced we can all kiss good bye to any patching and any hope of seeing these bugs gone.

There are a few reasons that explain why they wont get rid of the bugs:

1- They cant sell updates and any pack that "fix" the game by this point would probably take the time and resources a dlc would need, if not more... They arent going to invest money into something they cant sell

2- They know they cant be held legally accountable for the many malfunctions in their product. They are granted impunity.

3- They also know we will buy anything they release... I cant wait to see the ghosts pack :(

But guys!

Maybe theres something we can do? Maybe start a movement, a hashtag, something like sharing the same forum signature or pressing youtubers to join a cause like this? Isnt there something we can do to get this game fixed?

Comments

• Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Valmont wrote: »
    Hello.

Lets face it, there are bugs in this game that exist for years now. This makes it clear EA has no intention of addressing them at all. I know as soon as a "The Sims 5" is announced we can all kiss good bye to any patching and any hope of seeing these bugs gone.

There are a few reasons that explain why they wont get rid of the bugs:

1- They cant sell updates and any pack that "fix" the game by this point would probably take the time and resources a dlc would need, if not more... They arent going to invest money into something they cant sell

2- They know they cant be held legally accountable for the many malfunctions in their product. They are granted impunity.

3- They also know we will buy anything they release... I cant wait to see the ghosts pack :(

But guys!

Maybe theres something we can do? Maybe start a movement, a hashtag, something like sharing the same forum signature or pressing youtubers to join a cause like this? Isnt there something we can do to get this game fixed?

You can do all the things you mentioned until everyone doing them is blue in the face from the effort. But if everyone else also can't resist indulging in your point #3, all of that effort will be a complete waste of time.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    They got our money and that's all that really matters to EA. Fixing the bugs isn't going to get them more money so why would they bother? EA don't care about customer satisfaction. They're a terrible company and always have been. At this point I'm relying more on the wonderful modders in this community to fix the bugs. They do it a lot faster than EA ever do.
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I really wish people would stop buying every pack. Us Base Game players are being rather neglected, as free updates don't come that often. Not everyone has money for DLC. I wish EA would add more things to the Base Game, but ig they know people will buy any pack they make (with the exception of JtB).
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    I don’t think they’ll truly “listen” to us unless you mess with their money.
    If everyone really stopped buying the products, they’ll listen.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I really wish people would stop buying every pack. Us Base Game players are being rather neglected, as free updates don't come that often. Not everyone has money for DLC. I wish EA would add more things to the Base Game, but ig they know people will buy any pack they make (with the exception of JtB).

Unfortunately, updating the base game doesn't make them money. That's all they care about. It takes money (aka ... salaries for the devs involved) and time (time away from making new content they can charge for). So, base game updates will always be one of the things that they care least about.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    Despite being listed in patch notes, my Sims still wash their dishes in the furthest sink away from them... I don't have any hopes of things really being fixed.
  • Options
    ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2021
    The base game? The whole game is buggy. I was just trying the espresso machine that came with get together and it turns out its moodlets dont show up anymore... Another piece of content that I purchased with hard earned money that is not working. I feel like an idiot really.

I know they are greedy and I know that complaining and reporting bugs doesn't change things. Isn't there something we can do? Is boycotting them the only option we have?
    Post edited by Valmont on
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    We could start a petition start hashtags on Twitter get YouTubeers involved and game changers involved
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yeah it's difficult, what I would recommend is not buying their packs at release (because they sometimes have bugs) or don't buy their packs at all (if you want to hurt them financially). This will maybe be difficult to do if you only play the sims, so what I would recommend in that case is to give other games a try, or do something else to play the sims less, it helps.

But what I would also recommend is to visit Answer HQ, search for the bug that you have, select "me too" on bugs that you also have that are reported, and if the bug does not exist, make a report for it. It's important to visit it to just read up on existing bugs because not everyone experiences the same bugs and sometimes the solution is with the user. Sometimes it helps to repair the game, or remove mods, or start a new game, or play another household.

Provide feedback, be smart and don't be afraid to use mods to fix your problem if you play on PC.
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    edited January 2021
    Having been in the position of someone who still found enough to enjoy in a game that many had become unhappy with, I know from firsthand experience how wrong it is to try to involve others the way you are considering.

I understand your frustrations with the game, and I see that you only want to help, but that probably isn't the best way to go about it. Doing that would create a situation where unhappy people are basically trying to drag happy people into a bunch of drama that really isn't even their issue. It's not really the nicest way to be when you think about it. Think about what it's like when you're that other person.

I know it stinks when something that was once so wonderful goes so terribly wrong, but all each of us as individuals really can do is make a personal decision for ourselves.

If enough people come naturally to the same conclusion - then yes, it will have the desired effect of demonstrating how the product is considered. But it should happen naturally, and trying to encourage it is wrong, because you are really trying to "encourage" others to feel the same way that you do. That crosses into the arena where people start to feel like you are trying to control what they can think, feel, and do with their own game in their own lives.

It's well intended on your part, and I can see that, but it's just not the best way to be overall. We also have a responsibility as a community to be considerate of others, and things like this always create kind of a war zone that is not considerate at all. Doing that really isn't really the healthiest way to handle something, and that's why I would advise against it.

It's hard when you love something so much that it's almost like a part of yourself. But really, the only thing that you can do is let go and move on. Let the happy people be happy for as long as they can find it, and be happy for them.

Then do something healthy for yourself, and your own life. Find a happy place for yourself. But let what will be, be. If they want our business enough, they will show us. If they don't, we will have our answer.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2021
    It's not "broken" in the first place.
    Does no one realise it's impossible to have a game on this level of complexity and be bug free?
    That's why every sims game had bugs. Sims 3 being the worst. Also the most complex. Sims 4 is actually the smoothest running game.
    And everytime they fix one another is introduced.
    I would love to see someone try and make one equally complex and bug free.

I have no debilitating bugs or issues in my game. Just a few common ones I overlook because there is so much to enjoy.
    and I genuinely have a lot of fun with it. This kind of stuff is what makes me think they don't want to deal with a sims 5. Is sims 5 gonna be bug free because it's newer? Highly highly doubt it. Then should we hashtag and riot for sims 5 also to fix bugs that can never be 100% solved in this type of game?

Heck I've played tons of games of much less complexity with tons of glitches and bugs. No one went into an outrage and I sure as heck kept playing lol

Plus my sims always wash dishes in the kitchen sink.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    People will still buy it so its pointless. Even the people who have serious issues or criticism with the game still buy it, so at the end of the day, ea is still happy.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    As if not giving moodlets wasnt enough, now I find out I cant clean the espresso machine neither. This wasnt free content. Another slap on the face.

EdU1bXO.png
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    @Valmont When was the last time you Repaired your game? That might help with some of the issues you're having. It's worth a try.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2021
    It's not "broken" in the first place.
    Does no one realise it's impossible to have a game on this level of complexity and be bug free?
    That's why every sims game had bugs. Sims 3 being the worst. Also the most complex. Sims 4 is actually the smoothest running game.
    And everytime they fix one another is introduced.
    I would love to see someone try and make one equally complex and bug free.

I have no debilitating bugs or issues in my game. Just a few common ones I overlook because there is so much to enjoy.
    and I genuinely have a lot of fun with it. This kind of stuff is what makes me think they don't want to deal with a sims 5. Is sims 5 gonna be bug free because it's newer? Highly highly doubt it. Then should we hashtag and riot for sims 5 also to fix bugs that can never be 100% solved in this type of game?

Heck I've played tons of games of much less complexity with tons of glitches and bugs. No one went into an outrage and I sure as heck kept playing lol

Plus my sims always wash dishes in the kitchen sink.

Of course many games are not bug free but it is an game that needs to be tweaked aggressively looking at the AI system and how packs are running within one main program. However, even if an game is not bug free the dev can be graded on how well they address the bugs that may come up. Sims 4 may appear to run complex free and one reason may be it does not have a lot of bells and whistles played through features. Every system regardless if you running an I9 or an an I3 it does not matter in some sense because Sims 4 does not scale up or down and the only thing you might see differ is the graphic card. EA/Maxis does not wish to tamper with performance with features that may bring out Sims 4 best so for you Sims 4 as it is may be great but for another Sims 4 player it may not be as exciting as previous versions and some people dogged Sims 3 or 2 because of some of the same issues that is happening in Sims 4. The thing about the many configurations of systems out there performance may not be the same as I have 6 Systems and each system ran Sims 4 on different levels. Also some people approach to bugs may be different some may be upset and some just accept it.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen