Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roommates keep complaining and leaving?

At the moment I'm playing with a household which is a penthouse with 6 roommates but for some reason they keep complaining about the house and then moving out? I've added everything they could possibly need; expensive beds, tons of showers, tons of toilets, a bath, there's a maid, tons of activities, etc. but it's the same thing every time.

I get a message saying "I have needs and they are not being met in this place. I can barely take care of myself. Can you make sure that there are enough things in this place that I can take care of myself? If not... I'm going to have to start looking for another place." Nothing says what the actual issue is and then a few hours later they leave saying the place is terrible. It's constant, I managed to get the roommates to move back in after but then all of them sent the same complaining message that same day. One of the sims also said "I haven't been able to sleep, the bed situation is terrible", this sim had a 3300 Simoleon bed... Some of these sims had their own rooms and others shared but still, same issue.

Does anyone know if there's a workaround or a mod that turns this off because it's getting ridiculous :#

Comments

• Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    This happened to me to and to this day I still don‘t know what his issue was. I tried e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. He made me so angry I built a pool in the basement and drowned him.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited May 2020
    Is it possible the beds somehow got unassigned and now the roommates think they can't sleep anywhere? (I honestly have no idea; just taking guesses). I had two roommates move out while I was playing another household with no explanation. And one roommate in my San Myshuno apartment kept complaining my Sim was a "terrible neighbor." (Um, "neighbor"? Dude, you live with us!)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    I have never gotten that message myself, but I have not played with roommates that much... I added roommates to a house that I built like a university dorm, every bedroom have a bathroom right next to it and they have a large kitchen, a room where they can watch TV, listen to music and play chess and a small gym where they can work out. I have not gotten any complaints so far...
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I think they said after a while, roommates will want to leave regardless of how nice the place is. It’s like it’s supposed to happen eventually. That’s what I read somewhere. When they are ready to leave for real, you can click on them and try to convince them to stay and sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2020
    Update: I changed up the house a bit so none of the beds are alt placed and there's a dresser in every room - the dresser seemed to help one sim and she said things are getting better and stopped complaining. Then the sim who complained about the bed said the bed situation was better now but 30 seconds later she moved out saying the conditions were terrible with two other sims. So now I have barely any roommates again :s
    it’s supposed to happen eventually. That’s what I read somewhere. When they are ready to leave for real, you can click on them and try to convince them to stay and sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.
    Yeah that's a thing, it's happened in my past households but it happens after multiple weeks of being in the house and they don't complain they just say it's time to move on, with this they complain that the conditions are terrible and they leave within hours of moving in.
  • Options
    PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Any luck figuring this out? My first roomy just warned me that if things don't improve in my 350k home, he is moving out. He's the one that helps me clean!!! Of course he's also the one that throws the parties and backs a lot of cakes.

Anyway, so I figured that since he loves to throw parties, I'll give him a bar with lounging area and a DJ booth with dance floor. Hopefully he doesn't leave...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Any luck figuring this out? My first roomy just warned me that if things don't improve in my 350k home, he is moving out. He's the one that helps me clean!!! Of course he's also the one that throws the parties and backs a lot of cakes.

Anyway, so I figured that since he loves to throw parties, I'll give him a bar with lounging area and a DJ booth with dance floor. Hopefully he doesn't leave...

I found the best solution is to cheat needs. When a roommate complains just shift click on them, cheat needs, make happy. Then they'll give a pop up saying they're satisfied and won't move out
  • Options
    That's fine except that I don't like using cheats. Thanks for the tip though. If it comes to it, I'll have to.
  • Options
    Woohoo! So adding all of those things I mentioned plus a Karaoke area seemed to do the trick for him! Just after adding them, he said "Feeling better about this situation. I feel like I'm able to handle my life now. Thanks for providing!" Of course, he hasn't actually done anything with it and also just went to the bathroom and is watching TV in the TV roomlet. So maybe he just needed some entertainment?
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    It helps to actually build a relationship with the roommates. I thought providing everything would help too, but it’s seems they need social interaction. When you start socializing with the roommate then a notification should show up that they are feeling much better.