Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Getting fed-up with the Mods Disabled every time.

It seems after every update the same mods continue to be disabled, despite deleting and changing the options.ini. This happens every time after an update, and keeps on happening? I was able to fix this in the past by deleting the options.ini , but now it makes no difference. I am getting so sick to death of this, I will delete the whole game from my PC. Had enough of this and EA, just WILL NOT fix it!!!! Sorry for repeat post on same subject, but this so that as many people can see this problem.
Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.

Comments

• Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2020
    question. what antivirus are you using? depending, you might need to add exceptions to both origin.exe, ts4x64.exe, and ts4.exe given lately the game has been overly sensitive to users of AVG and Avast antivirus programs respectively.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    AthenaVeeAthenaVee Posts: 3 New Member
    I always thought the reason they disabled every time was to allow the game to run without worry of conflict with mods after an update. Then when you turn mods back on, if something goes awry you will know immediately it is a mods issue and not a Sims update bug?
  • Options
    Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    Gemmie12 wrote: »
    question. what antivirus are you using? depending, you might need to add exceptions to both origin.exe, ts4x64.exe, and ts4.exe given lately the game has been overly sensitive to users of AVG and Avast antivirus programs respectively.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screenshots/td-p/9572695
    It was AVG that was blocking Sims4 files, after updates, re-setting and ignoring the custom folder. I have now included exceptions on the Document/Electronic Arts folder, as well as the 2 executable files, and Origin exe file, and corrected the GameVersion.txt. So with next update the files should not be blocked. I take back what I said blaming EA, as I thought it was a ongoing bug by them. All Ok now, but have to re-install every custom sim and object.
    Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    had the same problem but in my case it wented to block the sims4 64 exe app
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    kelsey04kelsey04 Posts: 1 New Member
    i’m having a problem where even after going to my game options && enabling my mods && restarting the game they still get turned back off. i’ve tried to repair the game but nothing is seeming to work
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Mods getting turned off after a patch is by design. Every time a patch comes out, it tends to break mods. Playing with broken mods can cause some major problems, including breaking saves, which I'm SURE none of us want. This is a GOOD thing. You should always leave it off after an update until you verify all your installed mods are updated and working properly.

However, if you turn mods back on and it keeps getting turned back off, THAT is a known bug. It never happened to me, but I'm told it's due to a corruption in the options.ini file. If you delete the Options.ini file, the game will recreate it and it should work again.