Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Property Ownership

waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
In The Sims 3, Sims can own residential and community properties, and I think this is a base game feature. This feature can be very useful. You can:

- own a second home so that the nuclear family gets a house, and the extended family will also get a house, and you play the 2 houses at the same time. You can also assign doors and beds, so that Sims can mark a specific door as their own and sleep on a specific bed. Great for creating fake apartments.
- invest in real estate and earn passive income doing so.
- purchase an empty plot of land to build your family castle. Let's say that you are a newly titled lord because of some kind of achievement you have done for the Crown, but the Crown doesn't reward you with any money or house, just a title. So, you have to work very hard just to buy a large plot of land and begin the construction of the Family Castle. Then, as the years roll by, you and your family members will make tons of financial contributions to the Family Castle, and the Castle will eventually become a livable home for the family. Then, your family can finally sell the old home and move into the Family Castle.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I definitely love investing in property (it means that editing and upgrading community lots comes out of your own budget and can be a huge money sink before it becomes profitable)

If you want my unique idea for a private residential lot: private horse stable. I want to try the Riding skill again but without them eating my harvestables or sacrificing lot space.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I definitely love investing in property (it means that editing and upgrading community lots comes out of your own budget and can be a huge money sink before it becomes profitable)

If you want my unique idea for a private residential lot: private horse stable. I want to try the Riding skill again but without them eating my harvestables or sacrificing lot space.

As of right now, I only have the Seasons EP and Pets EP to The Sims 3, and because I only have those EPs, I am definitely going to try your idea!

A super-rich family may own a mansion with a private horse stable. The house lot may touch the road, but the stables may be located behind the house, so Sims can only get to the stables by foot.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top