Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heatproof sim still burning to death?

I made a sim who loves outdoors and gave him the gardening aspiration. Also gave him a dog later, and eventually he now has heatproof and coldproof traits rewards. However recently they don't seem to be working well, as he is still burning to death when he takes his dog our for a jog. I thought at least it would let him stay out for a while, but now recently its happening more sooner like if he doesn't have the trait at all! Is this a glitch or something?

Comments

• Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Those traits make it so your sims don't get uncomfortable. They can still die from heat and cold.
  • Options
    Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    I think you should check EA Answers HQ to see if anyone has reported it as a bug, and report it yourself if nobody else has. The description for Heatproof says, "Heatproof Sims aren't negatively affected by hot temperatures and enjoy the heat." Death is definitely a "negative" effect.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I've noticed the same with sims being "Chilled", indoors AND with thermostat on. Not sure the spesific sim had "Iceproof", but still, there seems to be something weird going on with temperatures.

Sims should NOT get overheated or freeze with the Heat/Iceproof traits.
  • Options
    minininjaminininja Posts: 9 New Member
    Sounds like a bug, I just tested coldproof, had my sim meditate outside until she froze to death reloaded the save bought coldproof and had her meditate until way past the point she had frozen to death
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    okay but I have temperature effects on Sims unchecked in options and my Sims are still freezing. They are affected by cold. I had two close calls yesterday. Something has messed up since these two Sims have completed both of the new aspirations that came with Snowy Escape. I had no problems before because of my option choices.

"Survival Instinct: These Sims will always escape wildlife attacks unscathed, manage to avoid injury from Skiing, Snowboarding, and Rock Climbing more often than other Sims, and have a natural resistance to inclement weather."

And my Sims almost died. I got a notification about freezing to death and managed to teleport them back to the onsen in time.

Something is messed up.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Yeah, the last update seems to have tuned temperatures (it gets cold inside a sims house if there isn't specifically a thermostat to regulate temp) which is really awesome but it did break the special traits for heat and cold.