Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mysterious satisfaction point

Hi I have a strange situation here in my game. Sometimes my Sim just gets some mysterious satisfaction points even if he doesn’t fulfil any whims or any milestones aspirations. This satisfaction point just popped up out of nowhere I don’t know if anyone know what the problem is Or if anyone knows how to fix it? I do have some aspiration mods I don’t know if they are the problems,Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I believe you get some from successful (Seasons) holidays. I know you can earn some by “feel the love” with a happy pet. Perhaps there are others?
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    @NRowe yes, you get points from successful holidays. The amount of points varies, I think, by the number of things you need to do.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Sometimes my sims have the whim to do a skating routine, I have them do something regular like use the toilet, and it fulfills the whim. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    From seasons usually you get the points at midnight but these mysterious points happen anytime in the day .... weird !
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited December 2020
    I’ve had the same thing happen to me. I noticed it when my sim was talking to someone in the household. They got 400 satisfaction points
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Are you sure they're satisfaction points and not influence points? Those will pop up randomly in conversation or during actions. Not applicable if you don't have EL, of course.
  • Options
    I am very sure they are satisfactions points. Influence points are given at the rate of like 4. I get satisfaction points of 400 or 240 randomly ...
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Random satisfaction points are happening to me for a while, but never in any significant amount.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Evee95Evee95 Posts: 66 Member
    I have noticed this too and what I think is happening is that there is a bug, and by chance you are completing aspiration milestones for a currently unselected aspiration. I say this because say I have a sim with a romance aspiration, if I cheat them into a big house with freerealestate on once I move them in I often get a pop up saying "mansion baron aspiration completed" or something along those lines, even though its not my current aspiration.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    In my game holiday satisfaction points come up at 2 am not midnight. I don't have any problems with random points and the op uses a mod related to the issue. I would check out the mod to see if it needs updated or try playing without the mod and see if it happens.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I am very sure they are satisfactions points. Influence points are given at the rate of like 4. I get satisfaction points of 400 or 240 randomly ...

Oooh, I see. I thought you meant a few at a time, like two or four. In that case I don't know but I'll keep an eye on my game and see if it happens.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I think the Sims is experiencing "popup failure." I'll get popups like, achievement awards for playing sims for 5 hrs straight...whut? And I'll just have turned the game on. There are a lot of popups that do not make any sense for what I'm doing at the time, so I mark it up to one of the many that occur during my game that aren't problems for me. Just a little annoying.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimDarling06SimDarling06 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, the same thing is happening to me!!

I first started noticing it when one of my sims was fishing and he started getting satisfaction points for catching fish even tho he didn't have the fishing aspiration or any fishing-related whims. At first, I decided to just ignore them but ironically it's become annoying because it's made the game too easy for me. My sims have like 16k satisfaction points each and I barely had to put in any effort I don't even know what rewards to buy them anymore! I don't like to give them things like "Never Weary" or stuff like that to make their needs decay slower, it's just not how I like to play, so I am running out of rewards to purchase pretty quickly :| And honestly? It's not very fun to get things so easily.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Hi, the same thing is happening to me!!

I first started noticing it when one of my sims was fishing and he started getting satisfaction points for catching fish even tho he didn't have the fishing aspiration or any fishing-related whims. At first, I decided to just ignore them but ironically it's become annoying because it's made the game too easy for me. My sims have like 16k satisfaction points each and I barely had to put in any effort I don't even know what rewards to buy them anymore! I don't like to give them things like "Never Weary" or stuff like that to make their needs decay slower, it's just not how I like to play, so I am running out of rewards to purchase pretty quickly :| And honestly? It's not very fun to get things so easily.

You could just keep buying tons of potions. Maybe?

Honestly I don't know what would be causing that massive satisfaction points gain though. Without cheating any in, I really have to work at it to gain satisfaction points.

However, if you don't want to fill them up with all the reward traits, (which I completely understand as I don't like to either) then I wouldn't worry about it. Personally I like going for achieving aspirations more that worrying about the 'points' anyways. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    I use a mod to make rewards more expensive.
  • Options
    SimDarling06SimDarling06 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @jimbbq said:
    > I use a mod to make rewards more expensive.

Just like you said on the original post up there I have some Aspiration Mods so I'm gonna try taking those out to see if that fixes the issue. Otherwise, I guess I might look into a mod to make the rewards more expensive if that doesn't fix the issue. Or I guess even if it does since I'd rather keep my cc aspirations, I've done the ones that come with the game too many times already.
  • Options
    I can’t play without cc aspirations honestly they are so good. Gold digger aspiration is so fun.