Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game types- Create YOUR world

I play sims with limited mods- just a few fun ones for ease-of-play like command module, and I always clear the world of all unplayed sims when starting a new game. I get that there will always be a need for more sims to run some basic actions, but I wish there was a mode that only allowed you (the player) to add sims to your playthrough. Like, the game could have basic, non-controllable, sims to run food stands, restaurants, hospitals, etc., but let me control who enters the world.
I dunno, maybe its just me, but I end up with a world full of my sims anyways, so why not just gimme an empty world to start with? No Pancakes, no Goth's; nobody I haven't created. They could even change sims like Count Straud to a non-playable sim for it.
Like I said, just let this be an option at the beginning of the "New Game" tab; Empty World or Allow Maxis Sims.

Comments

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited December 2020
    YES! I feel like I spend so much time deleting or straight up editing every single townie I come across.
    I think on MCCC it lets you import the sims from your own gallery to use as townies, but I've never actually tried it.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 670 Member
    I edit Sims all the time but that's half the fun for me.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Oh, I would never delete all of the townies---I have far too much fun making them look like freaks :smile:
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Interesting idea! Would be cool to have the option to start a new game with the worlds clear from all pre existing sims and lots. I would appreciate such an addition.
  • Options
    DriggerDrigger Posts: 168 Member
    @Missmagoo2 MCCC does, I just used it to clear unplayed sims on my new game. But I keep a few sims I like that I think look good. The MCCC is a pain though-- if you don't play the house once- they get deleted. I haven't tried the import. I play ones I have created, so having them imported may make duplicates...
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    Interesting idea! Would be cool to have the option to start a new game with the worlds clear from all pre existing sims and lots. I would appreciate such an addition.

If you're not opposed, there are empty saves from people. People have deleted all sims and bulldozed all lots in every world.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

If you're not opposed, there are empty saves from people. People have deleted all sims and bulldozed all lots in every world.

I've used these save files before, very handy and I appreciate their existence! Would be neat though to have an in-game option too.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I would love an in-game option like that! I don't play with Mods/CC, totally vanilla, but I have created three different custom templates I use to start my games. One is totally blank, no premades, no houses, no venues, nothing. The second has modified premades, lots, all my own created favorite Sims from other saves and modified NPC/Townie Role Sims I liked and kept such as a couple mail carriers, gym trainer, etc. I use this one the most.

The last one is the most recent, it has all my own created favorite Sims, the modified NPCs with just a very select few premades and their lots that I can't bare to delete such as; Caleb & Lilith Vatore, my modified Vlad, Morgyn Ember, my modified L. Faba and Simeon Silversweater. All other premades and lots are gone. I also only kept one of each venue type across all worlds and modified a few such as the bars in Glimmerbrook & Sulani (added a bowling lane and call it the Sand Bar & Bowl now), Magnolia Blossom park, the gym in Windenburg and the Brindleton Bay Museum.

In the last template, I thought perhaps I'd miss the premades, but surprisingly, so far I don't! It's refreshing not seeing Judith Ward everywhere, or seeing other premades in worlds where they don't belong. This template might end up being my go to beginning save from now on. We'll see...

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    cauatocauato Posts: 9 New Member
    KARABABY52....any chance you have/will upload your save worlds please?