Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another patch?

So do we think they will put out another patch to fix this new patch as it seems to have caused a lot of players problems as well?

Comments

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Probably but when idk. I know player are upset that they can't play especially after purchasing a new pack but with the gurus all forced to work from home I can't imagine that testing the patches to make sure they work properly is easy.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    They need to get people to test the games to see what needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2020
    Hmmm, an patch to fix the patch oh wait nothing new. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

They need to do something, I’m sure it’s hard to do but come on
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited November 2020
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Hmmm, an patch to fix the patch oh wait nothing new. :D

A patch to fix the patch that was supposed to fix the initial patch. 🙈

My head hurts after this. 😖

It seems like each update or fix, just causes players even more issues with their game.

Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I take it that the amount of DLC we have affects how badly we are hit by patches...?
  • Options
    Inukshuk84Inukshuk84 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @EdithV said:
    > So do we think they will put out another patch to fix this new patch as it seems to have caused a lot of players problems as well?

I sure hope so. The latest fix did absolutely nothing to my game and it is currently unplayable. I can't select any other sim but the one I've currently selected, I can't seem to pause my game properly (things are still moving when paused) and I can't seem to save my game or exit through the menu. I have to shut down my entire computer.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Im sure they will come up with another real patch with proper testing as the recent patch was supposed to be just a hotfix for the crashing issue.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    What's the issue now?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020
    I think the next patch will be the one in december and that might include something to help with the crashes but a lot of people seems to able to play the game now after they repair it after the latest patch.
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    I hope so but I feel like this hot fix has created lots of new and different problems, it will be hard to pinpoint all of them. The answersHQ page is full of all different issues with the hot fix. Hopefully some will get fixed in the December update.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I haven't had any crashing issues myself. Is that still happening to people? Are there other issues people are having?

Whenever there is a patch or an update of some sort, I always move my sims 4 folder out of my Electronic Arts folder and let the game generate an entire set of new files. Then I play in a test save for a while to see if there are any major issues. I never update the game while my mods/cc are in my game files, even a small update. Crashing and freezing issues generally occur when two applications are trying to access one file at the same time. I am not sure what is causing these particular issues though. But maybe try this method and see if you can play that way. I feel bad when people can't play, especially right now with possible stay at home orders coming our way again :( Hope they fix it soon!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I think the next patch will be in December. They've told those having issues with the hot fix to repair their games.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    The thing with bug fixes that makes it so difficult for them to fix quickly is they need to be able to recreate the problem in a completely vanilla game on their system. If they can’t it’s near impossible to find the problem, and so they then assume it’s a compatibility issue with a user’s system or a mod, or cc. That’s why some bugs have been around for awhile. They likely don’t see it on their system in a game that’s never been modded.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    They need a beta test team. Though, thinking about it, the last beta test team for EA that I was on I searched endlessly for bugs, only to have my reports completely ignored by the QA team. So there's that :) Really, though, they could hold a lottery for beta testers, and they probably should at this point. That is, if they really want to get the game fixed before releasing patches.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm building ok but rentals need a rethink. My holidaying sims have lost their home to another family when they went on Holiday. Rentals made in other worlds don't count as rentals properly.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've noticed sims cooking meals then walking away from them.
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    > @calaprfy said:
    > I've noticed sims cooking meals then walking away from them.

Erm, this have been happening since ages ago. Same with sims getting stuck, without doing nothing, or sims not washing dishes, or sims not putting books on shelves, etc, etc. None of those problems have been caused by the latest patches. It is what it is. You guys get what you deserve lol.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    The thing with bug fixes that makes it so difficult for them to fix quickly is they need to be able to recreate the problem in a completely vanilla game on their system. If they can’t it’s near impossible to find the problem, and so they then assume it’s a compatibility issue with a user’s system or a mod, or cc. That’s why some bugs have been around for awhile. They likely don’t see it on their system in a game that’s never been modded.

Another thing it may be an routine that could trigger an bug and also with all those lines of code from many packs can be somewhat troublesome as Sims 4 has many pack intertwined with each other.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
    The only huge issue I have been encountering after the recent patch is my game freezing for a few seconds and then resuming. It's very annoying.
    You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited November 2020
    When I saw Fantayzia mention that on a YouTube video I just stopped it from updating. The first big update already did a number on my game. I don’t need that one to stop me from playing.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited November 2020
    The apartment doors are broken :/

I also got used to playing with audio disabled, so I did not enable it after the patch.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    That's what the test live tool is for. At this point there's far to much stuff in Sims 4 for the team to handle. So there for it's time to out source the QC part of the process. And one of the ways that this can be done is to let the player test live the beta product and let them send in their input, bugs and crash reports.