Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations does not give free SimPoints?

So, when i registered the base game i got 1000, and 1000 more when i registered Pets. Now that i registered the Generations EP i don't see any "redeem free points button". 😐

Comments

• Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Most packs do not come with free SimPoints by default. The only exception is World Adventures, which, last I heard, still grants the same 1,000 points as the base game. When I registered my other packs, I didn't get any extra points.

Some limited edition versions of packs did grant extra points, and people have been known to receive a limited edition product key from a third-party seller like Amazon without knowing it. So that may be what happened in your case. Additionally, there's a glitch in the store where the button to redeem free points doesn't always go away, so people can press it and get a second or third grant. Then they think they got the extra points from a pack they registered when it was really just a fluke.

At any rate, not getting points for Generations is normal.
  • Options
    Hal2003Hal2003 Posts: 27 Member
    I bought base game, Generations, Wolrld Adventures, Seasons, University and Supernatural on Steam and registered on TheSims3.com got only 1000 for base game and World Adventures. Later i bought rerst of expansion for Origin and got 1000 for each registered on Origin. Its looking it matter where you redeeming the key.