Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Are Patches Being Released The Same Week A New Game Launches??

Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
There seems to be a constant theme with patches where the patch brings more bugs and breaks aspects of the game. So my question is why are patches being released the same week a new game launches? Simmers pay good money to play a game the day it's released. To have a patch, such as this recent patch where the game crashes and now we can't play the game we just paid good money for, is beyond frustrating.

So my feedback: Please start releasing patches 1-2 weeks prior to a new game release. EA has already proven time and time again, that for almost every patch of bug fixes, something major breaks in the process. Releasing a patch earlier will give the Sims Team time to address any bugs before the launch of a new EP. & the consumers can enjoy what they paid for, the day they paid for it and play in peace without all the nonsense of crashing or infinite loading screens etc.

Comments

• Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    We wanted them to do stuff, so they did.

Then when they did stuff, things got even worse.

Now we want them to stop doing stuff, so it won't get worse even more.

It would be hilarious if this weren't the second biggest AAA gaming company in the world.

But really, it's beyond Shakespearean now.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @EveryDaySim - I never said for them to stop doing stuff. My suggestion was to time the patches better (earlier) to allow them time to fix the stuff that breaks before a new game is released so Simmers games aren't impacted & we can play.
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I know you weren't :) my commentary was more on the craziness of the situation in general.

I very much agree with you, and it doesn't make sense to me either.

They did promise in their "note" to be more transparent with us about things, and it has been some time now since they said that.
    Maybe it's time for us to start reminding them of what they said, so that they can fill us in on that.
    And hopefully make some adjustments.