Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Registering Game

Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
I just installed The Sims 3 Pets expansion onto my computer. It's the disc version but I have Origin and all my other games also automatically downloaded onto Origin when I recently installed them back onto my new computer. All of my other games are also disc version. It didn't show that it was also downloading it into Origin. But, I told it to play and went into the launcher and it said it detected a new expansion and showed it available to select into my game. When I installed it onto my computer it asked me to put the registration or serial number so I did. It said everything was installed successfully. But, when I try to put that same serial number in to register the game on the Sims 3 website it keeps saying it's invalid and that this means I didn't type it in right, that I bought a used a copy and the number was already used by the previous owner or if I bought the digital copy it would automatically do that in Origin but I didn't do any of those things that it said for the reason it would be invalid. I bought it new disc version from Amazon as well as the Seasons expansion that I haven't installed yet but I for sure typed the serial number in right so why is it not letting me register my game? Did I do something wrong when installing the game?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2020
    If you have the game registered in Origin already, then that is why the TS3 site is complaining that the code has already been used (by you). It can take some serious time, as in a few days as a worst case, for the TS3 site to update itself for Origin registrations. And I think some players never see their icons on the TS3 site light up, even when successfully registered.

Is there something that you are missing by not having the registration of this one EP go through right away?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    If you have the game registered in Origin already, then that is why the TS3 site is complaining that the code has already been used (by you). It can take some serious time, as in a few days as a worst case, for the TS3 site to update itself for Origin registrations. And I think some players never see their icons on the TS3 site light up, even when successfully registered.

Is there something that you are missing by not having the registration of this one EP go through right away?

Oh okay, so if it's showing in the Origin launcher as being able to be added to the game then that means Origin already registered the game and even if the icon never lights up on The Sims 3 site as being registered I guess it really is registered. No, I don't think I'm missing anything with it not registering right away. Since the game icon wasn't showing up on The Sims 3 website and not working when I tried to register it on there I just wasn't sure if it was registered right or not. I guess it bothers me a little if the game icon doesn't show up on there but as long as it's installed right and registered right that's what matters.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Simmer2500 Did you download the Registration Gifts for the Expansion you just registered?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Karritz wrote: »
    @Simmer2500 Did you download the Registration Gifts for the Expansion you just registered?

I don't seem to have gotten the registration gifts. I would think it should show them in the Origin launcher but it doesn't. It asked me to put in the registration numbers when I was installing them and it shows them in the Origin launcher as available to add to the game but I never got the registration gifts and it does not show up on the Sims 3 website that they are registered but as @igazor previously said it might take a while to update it on the Sims 3 website and some never did get the game icons to show up even after the games were successfully registered on Origin. Not sure why I didn't get the registration gifts though.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @Simmer2500 you need to go to the Store. Look for Sets - Holidays and Gifts. You should find all the registration rewards there and that's where you download them. There are other free sets there too.

This link might work for you.

https://store.thesims3.com
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @Simmer2500 you need to go to the Store. Look for Sets - Holidays and Gifts. You should find all the registration rewards there and that's where you download them. There are other free sets there too.

Thanks I found them. Unfortunately when I told it to download the Pets expansion registration gift it says I have to register the game first and wants me to put the serial number in but it doesn't work when I put that number which I already had entered in during the game installation. I assume it will tell me the same thing if I try to download the Seasons registration gift. I was told previously that if the games were already registered by Origin that it would not work to enter that number again on the Sims 3 website because the number is already being used by me. So, if it's already registered by Origin then why is it telling me that I still need to register it when I try to download the registration gifts?
  • Options
    Simmer2500 wrote: »

Thanks I found them. Unfortunately when I told it to download the Pets expansion registration gift it says I have to register the game first and wants me to put the serial number in but it doesn't work when I put that number which I already had entered in during the game installation. I assume it will tell me the same thing if I try to download the Seasons registration gift. I was told previously that if the games were already registered by Origin that it would not work to enter that number again on the Sims 3 website because the number is already being used by me. So, if it's already registered by Origin then why is it telling me that I still need to register it when I try to download the registration gifts?

In this case Firstly I'd try to download any other gifts you don't have and have registered the games.

Then contact EA support and explain the problem. They should be able to fix the problem for you. If you get someone who doesn't want to be helpful try again.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

In this case Firstly I'd try to download any other gifts you don't have and have registered the games.

Then contact EA support and explain the problem. They should be able to fix the problem for you. If you get someone who doesn't want to be helpful try again.

I recently started the game over fresh on a new computer, so any of the registration rewards I had before would not have been in my game now. It let me re-download the Red Carpet Collection from the Late Night expansion and let me download the one for the Generations expansion pack. The other two games I have that are previously registered are World Adventures and High End Loft Stuff pack. I currently am not playing the World Adventures expansion pack. I unchecked it off the Origin launcher to add to the game and did not officially install it back onto my computer although it is already in Origin. So, I don't want to download the registration reward for that expansion pack. The game icons for Pets and Seasons that I recently installed never showed up on the Sims 3 website so far, so I'm thinking that because the game icons haven't shown up on there that the Sims 3 website think they aren't registered even though they seem to be registered already by Origin and maybe that's why it won't let me download those registration rewards. Thanks for your help. I'll try it again. If it still doesn't work I think I'll just leave it though. My game is working good so far and as long as it is for sure registered fine through Origin I don't think I will bother to go great lengths just to get a few reward items for the game.
  • Options
    The registration rewards are store items so I don't think it would matter if you added those rewards to your game if you don't have the expansion installed currently.
  • Options
    The registration rewards are store items so I don't think it would matter if you added those rewards to your game if you don't have the expansion installed currently.

I suppose so. I guess I can still use the reward items from World Adventures even though I don't want to play that expansion pack. Downloading the other registration rewards did not help it decide to let me download the Pets and Seasons ones. It still tells me to register the pets and seasons expansion and wants me to put the serial numbers in every time I try to download them but as I said that doesn't work. But, oh well. It's cool to get free items for the game but it's not like I need them to play the game or anything.
  • Options

I suppose so. I guess I can still use the reward items from World Adventures even though I don't want to play that expansion pack. Downloading the other registration rewards did not help it decide to let me download the Pets and Seasons ones. It still tells me to register the pets and seasons expansion and wants me to put the serial numbers in every time I try to download them but as I said that doesn't work. But, oh well. It's cool to get free items for the game but it's not like I need them to play the game or anything.

You still should be able to have them. I know way back when they were still releasing expansion packs we often didn't have the game icons showing up and I had similar problems because of it. When I contacted EA they were able to fix it for me and I was able to get all of the registration rewards eventually.