Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Butler travelling with family?

Is this a new thing, and is it supposed to happen? I just sent my family to Mt. Komorebi, and for some reason the butler travelled with them. I've had the same family travel before to Granite Falls, and the butler didn't follow them then (although, I'm not completely sure, if they had a butler then, yet).

But is there any other way to make the butler not travel than to fire him/her? Because I just ended up going back to a previous save, when everything else started going wrong, too (everyone getting sick, and no way to order medicine with no computer), and then just fired the butler before they travelled.
01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I don't know about butlers, but there is actually a way to buy medicine through the phone (if you have Seasons) — it's under “buy gifts”. 😅
  • Options
    kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »
    I don't know about butlers, but there is actually a way to buy medicine through the phone (if you have Seasons) — it's under “buy gifts”. 😅

Oh, well that doesn't really make sense that it's under gifts :D But yes, I have Seasons, so I wish I'd known that. But anyway, since I didn't really want the butler to hang out around the vacation home, it was just fine to start it over again. Thanks for the info, though, it may come useful later!

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Yes, it makes no sense at all 😅
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I had the same issue with my sim family except it wasn't the butler it was their dogs. I was hoping to have them vacation and leave the pets behind with my imagination believing a neighbor was taking care of the dogs but game had other ideas and forced the dogs upon my sims vacation. It kind of ruined the experience a little as I didn't want to have to take care of the pets while trying to experience the new content.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I had the same issue with my sim family except it wasn't the butler it was their dogs. I was hoping to have them vacation and leave the pets behind with my imagination believing a neighbor was taking care of the dogs but game had other ideas and forced the dogs upon my sims vacation. It kind of ruined the experience a little as I didn't want to have to take care of the pets while trying to experience the new content.

Well, then I guess it was a good idea for me to use manage households and move my family's pets to another family while they went on vacation. I wasn't worried that they would travel with the family (but apparently that would've happened), I was just worried that the game might not take care of them alone in the house, even though, I guess it should.

There really should be a way to exclude pets like you can exclude sims from travelling. And also, perhaps if you have a butler, there should be a popup asking if you want the butler to travel with the family, because I suppose it's possible some people want it that way.

• Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    You won’t take your hard working butler on his well deserved vacation??

• Options
    imhappy wrote: »
    You won’t take your hard working butler on his well deserved vacation??

It would hardly be a vacation, because she just kept cleaning up and cooking even in the vacation home, and there weren't enough beds for her to even sleep :D