Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 - Homeless in Appaloosa Plains

Chapter One - "Welcome to Appaloosa Plains - Homeless; Keep Moving"

It wasn't the welcome that he'd wanted, but Katsuji Ishihara was definitely down on his luck. He'd come to Appaloosa Plains because he enjoyed the atmosphere and he liked animals. But what he found was that most of the residents of Appaloosa Plains did not look upon those who were indigent with favor.

His clothes were dirty and ripped. He looked as though he hadn't had a bath in six weeks even though he'd freshened up by the riverbank that morning. By the time he'd managed to get himself a place to call home he'd run through the majority of the meagre funds he had and was now bordering on penniless. He had only §500 to his name and that was barely enough to keep him fed. He was all by his lonesome self without anyone else to while away the time with nor a pet to keep him from getting depressed.
Starting_Screenshot.png
The last town that he went to, he'd been run out of, since they didn't like supernaturals. Yes, Katsuji was one of those. Bitten by a werewolf, he'd been run out of his home back in the old country where they called those who changed into a wolf-like beast a jinro. And they were not welcome in the old country.

As of 11:32PM, at the heat of the midday, Katsuji had managed to obtain a bicycle and a tent and had lost his point and shoot camera. With only §500 to his name he was going to find it very difficult to stay well-fed.
Screenshot-3.jpg
Katsuji had a plan however to make sure that he was kept fed...and that plan was to buld a garden. But since he had no seeds with which to plant a garden, he knew that he would have to dip into his §500 savings. So he had to use his bicycle to go to the store. At least the bike that he'd bought was in good condition and that he'd be able to make certain that he was able to get around town on it.
Screenshot-5.jpg
Biking in the heat, despite the wonderful scenery around him was taxing on the body. And the hill that he was going to end up biking up was quite a steep one at that.
Screenshot-6.jpg
When he reached the store; the tempting presence of a food-truck awaited his dismount from the bike. And he took a long moment to peruse the menu, but realizing that with the few amount of simoleons he had, it was not a wise move to partake of its wares, especially when he knew every simoleon he had; counted towards his survival, so uttering a long-suffering sigh, he turned to go into the store.
Screenshot-8.jpg
Screenshot-9.jpg
Buying a selection of plantables that would allow him to start a garden was of key importance and he noted his pocketbook's amounts carefully so that he would get the biggest bang for his simoleons that he could. He also knew that he would have to make sure that he got some more money so that he would be able to buy more food till his plants were harvestable. It also meant that his mornings would be early, taking care of the garden and making it nice. And keeping away the horses that would gladly eat some of his growing plants. He needed to buy fencing, but unfortunately with §500, there was no way that would be possible in the slightest.
Screenshot-10.jpg
Going home the same way he came provided him with some cooling breeze as he was going downhill instead of struggling up a hill. Though of course, that sharp u-curve on one of the corners going down a 18% grade was not what he would consider a relief. One mistake and he'd be airborne and Katsuji knew that a biking accident at a speed of well over 20mph would be potentially injurious to his health. One moment of inattention would be enough to put him in the hospital, something that he could ill-afford at this very moment even with the existing government medical coverage.
Screenshot-12.jpg
When he returned to the lot, he started planting his newly purchased vegetables and fruits. He had no way of cooking anything so fishing was out of the question at the moment And taxes came the next day so he had to make sure that he had enough to cover those as well. Perhaps, dumpster diving was going to be the only way that he would be able to make certain of the amounts needed to pay his taxes. Not only would he be homeless but property-less too.
Screenshot-14.jpg
Hopefully things would go a bit better as his week progressed.
GYZ6Ak9.png
Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Homeless in Appaloosa Plains
    Chapter Two - Oasis Landing

A thunderous electrical crackle and sonic boom practically shook Katsuji from head to toe. Looking up with panic in his eyes, he stared over at the futuristic looking contraption that had appeared before his eyes. "What is that?" he said out loud, more to himself than to anyone else. He inspected it by walking around it several times then looking at what appeared to be the controls of the device.
    Screenshot-16.jpg
    Screenshot-17.jpg
    "How does one even begin to operate this thing?" Katsuji thought to himself as he inspected the device further. "What is this thing supposed to do?"
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Screenshot-18.jpg
    Curious, he gingerly eased one foot onto the pad...and well, that was a bad mistake since the electrical discharges hadn't stopped. It grabbed him; holding him immobile for what appeared to be a long, agonizing moment, the bright bluish glare nearly blinding him.
    Screenshot-20.jpg
    Screenshot-22.jpg
    "I can't get loose..." Katsuji panicked as he struggled within the bluish glare of the discharges from the machine. "What am I gong to do now?" And for that long terror-filled moment, he wondered if it was the end of him. But with a snap, it released him...and standing before him was a blue-haired man, futuristic glasses and clothes. The man's hair was wild, strands all over the place, unkempt as if he wasn't familiar with the likes of a comb or a hair-brush. "Who are you?" was Katsuji's first question.

"Pleased to make your acquaintance..." the blue-haired man said, ignoring Katsuji's query. "Just let me do a few calibrations of my time machine and I'll answer your questions.
    Screenshot-23.jpg
    A second later, he turned back to Katsuji. "Well...fiddlesticks, I appear to have scattered my power cells all over your lot, would you be so kind as to go pick them up for me while I look over what could potentially be the problem here?"

Katsuji was too dumbfounded to find any sort of way to respond to this request and just settled for turning around and doing as the man had asked him.
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Screenshot-29.jpg
    When he'd gathered them up, he walked back to the man at the "time machine" and handed them over. It had to be a time-machine...after all the man had made that much of an admission. Now how exactly was he supposed to take that time-machine back to where he came from? After all Katsuji had only himself to feed and didn't really have enough in order to feed yet another mouth. So why not help the guy? The man accepted the power-cells with a grateful nod and proceeded to place them in.
    Screenshot-30.jpg
    "Oh...good, they're still good...enough power." the man said. "I can make the jump back to my time portal. Thanks for the assistance..." he said as he stepped into the time machine. "

Wait, Who are you?" Katsuji frantically asked.

"Emit Relevart" the man said briefly as he disappeared with a blue flash.
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    At this point, Katsuji had a major decision he had to make; did he want to see what the future was like or did he just stay here and go about his mundane existence trying to make ends meet and eke out a meagre existence. "Oh...what the hell, I'm going to take a jaunt into the future and see what I can find." Riches and Wealth perhaps So he stepped into the time machine, letting the blue glare take him...
    Screenshot-33.jpg
    When the glare finally subsided, he gazed out in wonderment as he stepped out of the embrace of the time machine. A sea of white and green greeted him as he looked at white futuristic buildings and a green freshly manicured lawn.
    Screenshot-35.jpg
    Screenshot-36.jpg
    A sign that said Oasis Landing Community Center greeted him as he looked around in absolute awe. He decided to do a little exploration of the city.
    Screenshot-37.jpg
    Screenshot-39.jpg
    While he was bicycling through the city, a thought came to him. Perhaps he could solve his problem of finances in one fell swoop. I am in the future, am I not? So why couldn't I check out the winning numbers for the Appaloosa Plains Lottery Corporation's lotto winning numbers for the following week of the time period which I came from and then play them. Oh, I could potentially make a bundle on this.... He chuckled gleefully to himself as he turned his bike's path towards the Oasis Landing City Hall...
    Screenshot-40.jpg
    Finding the information was relatively easy since he knew the date it was when he had left Appaloosa Plains and the week in which he was going back. And he looked up the lotto numbers for two weeks ahead as well...so that he'd have enough cushion if the time machine placed him back at a different time. When he returned to the community center there was a what looked to be a jet pack and a note that said
    If you want to increase your future technology skill, it will certainly help you in your current time-period. Here try out this jet-pack and see how it works. Sincerely, Emit.
    Hey, why not. Katsuji decided to try it on a few short hops around Oasis Springs with varying degrees of success.
    Screenshot-41.jpg
    Screenshot-43.jpg
    Screenshot-44.jpg
    The take-offs were the easy part, the landings were something else. After planting himself head first several times, Katsuji realized that he'd better get back to his own time period if he was going to make his lottery dreams come true and headed back to the community center. From there he returned to the time machine and let its embrace take him within the flow of time to where he wanted to go. Back to Appaloosa Plains.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited June 2021
    I love the writing and the screenshots. I'm bookmarking this.
    <edit> Hah. I just noticed that this is no longer maintained. Too bad. It had potential.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    GYZ6Ak9.png