Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vacation World is Completely empty

No homes, no town center, no parks etc. Just wide open spaces. And the game is acting like a brand new game, not like a vacation. Which means I have to start over...again.

Have you been in this type of situation before? How do you fix it?

It's Hylewood, by the way.

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    I had those issue a few week back and it was because of mod, I forgot which mod I removed but it completely fixed the blank world and acting like a new game. You can use 50 50 method to find out the culprit mod.

Do not make exclusion to any mod you installed as the mod I removed seemed to be completely unrelated to the issue you mentioned.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited November 2020
    @ilikethesims30 Hylewood comes empty, its suppose to be like that.They did it that way so players could build their own lots.
    This world is on a tiny map (256×256), It has 15 empty lots ready to build. Some spawners placed (lake fishes, insects, wild flowers and seeds). It includes custom INI files and recolors by me and Gelina’s lightning tweaks. No CC or Store Content!

It is basically a build it yourself type of world.
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    @GraceyManor: What do you do after the transition is done? Place a base camp? It looked like a whole new game. Like when you're starting a game and the bin shows up?
  • Options
    I’ve had that happen and forgot what that issue was but unfortunately the world can’t be used as a vacation world
  • Options
    ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    @GraceyManor : Can Cape Garner be used as a camping world?
  • Options
    It can and so can great bear
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    If you want Hylewood to have the houses and population that the starter save has, what you need to do is open the folder for Hylewood's starter save and copy the nhd file into your active game's latest save file. Then when your sims travel there, it will have everything. When you just go on vacation to a homeworld using NRaas Traveler, it will only open the original world.