Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Profile Not Appearing?

Hi everyone,

I know there have been some issues with the latest Nov. 10th patch release. My game has slowed down a lot but the biggest issue I have is that the new Sims Profiles aren't showing up. I click on the Sim portraits in the Relationship panel and I'm not given any option other than the ones that were there before the patch. Any idea why? Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Do you have mods?? I had to remove most all my mods. I think CAS CC and Build CC is fine but most other mods were broken with the patch!
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    i dont even know where to look for this feature.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    When I click on the portrait, the Build Mode music plays, but the profile doesn't open. I am using mods, though.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Have you updated your mods? I think I saw MCCC caused something like that, but a hotfix update is out!
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    BreeNilla wrote: »
    Have you updated your mods? I think I saw MCCC caused something like that, but a hotfix update is out!

I don’t use MCCC myself. None of the mods I use seem to have updates available. Thanks for letting us know that a hotfix update is out though! :)
  • Options
    HelloBeastyHelloBeasty Posts: 121 Member
    I do have mods, so maybe it's just a matter of waiting for them all to update. I have the hot fix for MCCC already. Speaking with a few other players, it's possible an issue with the KawaiiStacie mods I have downloaded. We'll see!
  • Options
    LeeviLeevi Posts: 2 New Member
    I think the issue is from the SOL mod. Its been updated which I believe has fixed the issue for most people. However for me its showing up as an option but when I click on it, it doesn't work.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I don't have SOL but I do have MCC and the sentiments show up for me.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    I don't have either SOL or MCCC and I'm still having the problem.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I completely removed mods then loaded them back in one at a time. I think my problem ended up being the Show Sim Info mod. But, before I placed MCCC back into my game, I downloaded the hotfix. I also deleted my .cfg file for MCCC and had it generate a new one. I have not put TMEX Better Build/Buy back in yet either. Waiting until after the expansion for that one.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »
    When I click on the portrait, the Build Mode music plays, but the profile doesn't open. I am using mods, though.

I don't know why, but it's working now! Hooray! :)
  • Options
    foxynicole31foxynicole31 Posts: 66 Member
    I got rid of mine when I removed little ms Sam mods. I have so many, so some I still have to update
  • Options
    LeeviLeevi Posts: 2 New Member
    After searching though each of my mods it turns out custom traits were the issue for me. Don't know if that will help anyone else.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    i dont even know where to look for this feature.

@bluelighting in the relationship panel you click on a sim and choose the "open profile" option.
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    I have this issue with my teen sims. All other life stages are fine. Just the teen sims. I removed my mods folder and I still have the issue. Hoping for a hot fix.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna