Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should sims have first, middle, AND last names? Should they also be allowed to have preferred ames?

For example, if I want to name my sim, Victoria, but I want her to go by Vicky, or, Tori, I will have to make one of those her first name. Or if I want to name my sim David, but I want him to go by Dave, I will have to make Dave his first name.

I would also like to give my sims middle names.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I feel as though this is kind of useless though. And sims don't call each other by name so what's the point of ames?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    As long as giving them a middle name is optional. Sometimes choosing a first name is bad enough! :D
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    2ff0efeb1be3a966b0bc586a13d3b118a4561417_00.jpg
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I don't care much about names. Coming up with a first name and surname is hard enough for me 😂
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    YES!
    Give us some Russia representation already. Everyone in Russia has middle name. And in some other contries too.
  • Options
    OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    I don't see a need for middle name, since it wouldn't be used for anything anyway, but I think a nickname/diminutive system would be great. In my native languages we use diminutives a lot. For example, maybe close friends could use the diminutive (so, you'd see David listed as Dave in your contacts if he's your friend), or Sims could use them with babies (also in contacts, in notifications and so on) automatically.
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    Well... duh! Almost everyone I know has a middle name and/or a nickname. I'd like some realism here, EA.
    banner.png
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I personally don't care either way, I just use the Randomized name generator 95% of the time because I can't ever think of names so I would probably never use a "Middle Name" function.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited November 2020
    In my country, most people don't have middle name - myself included - so this concept doesn't interest me that much. Just let us pick preferred pronouns for our sims.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I wouldn't mind an option for a middle name. Some countries, (such as the aforementioned Russia in this thread) do use them for formal situations but if you don't want to give them a middle name, then you don't have to.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    I already throw the middle name into the first name section with a space between the two names, if I want to use it.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~