Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need gameplay ideas that are fun and chaotic, yet long term

packs are: all expansions, all gamepacks except for spa day, tiny living and spooky and vintage glamour, and holiday
mods are: UI cheats
no cc

Comments

• Options
    WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I do a variation of the Legacy/Rags to Riches Challenges.

I start by following the Legacy rules but when it comes to the next heir, I take the spare heir and start playing them on a new lot with the Rag to Riches rules and from there repeat the same thing with the following the spare heirs.

Sounds peaceful but the chaotic part is that the spare heirs never get along with the Chosen heir who’ve they made into their enemy, so starting from childhood they always fight each other.

For me it’s away to keep my Legacy Challenge fresh, while having a reason to play mean/evil sims.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    That's my style of gameplay, but I don't know what your idea of fun and chaotic is. I do heavy rotational play, and it's all based on scenarios, not storytelling. It's a lot of fun, but I don't know if you would consider that long term
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Upgrowth and the generation challenges can be interesting because you get to travel to different time periods through your legacies.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2020
    well nothing could be more long term and chaotic than having few hibernating vampire elders in your basement :wink:

I don't really plan my saves that much though and i feel that is the way i stick with families cause i don't have specific goal and then get annoyed and bored waiting to get there

just playing whatever i think of in those couple hours i play
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    My current save started with 8 Sims I created in CAS heading off to University. They've all know graduated and some are married with children, others have brushes with fame. It's actually spidered out enough that I have over 100 sims in the save that I'm working with <3

Currently, I have 24 students at University. That's pretty chaotic! :D
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I do a Rags to Riches, but with a twist -- I have a runaway teen living in the cheapest San Myshuno apartment s/he can find available (sometimes I'll kick Salim Benali out of his place into Not In World population). They have to earn money while trying to get their grades up through a combination of finding collectibles to sell, crafting items at the Arts Center (like paintings or woodworking sculptures), and odd jobs. I don't do a part-time job because I like the flexibility the odd jobs provide. I get the apartment, then I take the money left down to just one week's rent (just to give them a cushion), but then they have to make it on their own. And I don't age them up until they've completed their first aspiration; I pick one that doesn't require them to be an adult, like the creative ones or the outdoors ones. Since the teens make money by collecting The Curator can be a good option for aspiration. B) The painting one works well too once the teen has built up a small financial cushion so they can afford the canvases.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @ehud8651

Just play eco living pack without turning it off in game that should give you all the chaos you need :)

seriously though I play different scenarios with varied sims in most worlds like @stilljustme2 I enjoy playing runaway teen style plus sims in dire straights struggling to make ends meet and then flip it and play with the richest sims possible for a while. I suppose it all depends on a players personal preferences..but I think if I had 24 students at uni like @MissHissy I think that might send me quite insane-)

@Simmingal

Elderly vamps is that normal as I thought vamps did not age? maybe it's just me that does not allow them to age not sure-)

@Wrenry

who doesn't like the joy of conflicting family personalities as they are usually quite fun :)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well nothing could be more long term and chaotic than having few hibernating vampire elders in your basement :wink:

I don't really plan my saves that much though and i feel that is the way i stick with families cause i don't have specific goal and then get annoyed and bored waiting to get there

just playing whatever i think of in those couple hours i play

I too have had ancient vampires spend several sim years in torpor as the other live around them.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2020
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

@Simmingal

Elderly vamps is that normal as I thought vamps did not age? maybe it's just me that does not allow them to age not sure-)

you could always turn them into vampires when they are already elders :wink:

but I don't think elder vampires need to be actual elders though since well... vampire grandmas do tend to be rather youthful
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Simmingal

I never really thought of them as elders before but you have given me a game-play idea thank you :)
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think having six or seven toddlers can be pretty chaotic, especially if you have a single parent with a demanding career and no money. Making the sole caregiver an elder could make things more challenging, since elders tend to need more sleep in this game. You could also make the elder a rebel who doesn't believe in work, so they have to earn money by finding seashells and knitting. And then give all the toddlers difficult traits, like Wild and Fussy. Train the game to make them autonomously make constant messes. And make the elder a mermaid who doesn't have a swimming pool.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I do a Rags to Riches, but with a twist -- I have a runaway teen living in the cheapest San Myshuno apartment s/he can find available (sometimes I'll kick Salim Benali out of his place into Not In World population). They have to earn money while trying to get their grades up through a combination of finding collectibles to sell, crafting items at the Arts Center (like paintings or woodworking sculptures), and odd jobs. I don't do a part-time job because I like the flexibility the odd jobs provide. I get the apartment, then I take the money left down to just one week's rent (just to give them a cushion), but then they have to make it on their own. And I don't age them up until they've completed their first aspiration; I pick one that doesn't require them to be an adult, like the creative ones or the outdoors ones. Since the teens make money by collecting The Curator can be a good option for aspiration. B) The painting one works well too once the teen has built up a small financial cushion so they can afford the canvases.

Ooh I like this idea. I’m not a big fan of challenges but I don’t mind the odd rags to riches to have a break from my main save. Playing it with a teen sounds interesting. Sorry OP I can’t give any advice as my gameplay style most simmers don’t usually like or play.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I've got a save going on with the theme of Arsnic and Old Lace (ancient movie) I have a B&B run by two sweet little old ladies with the evil aspiration trait. I have them advertise for room mates and then I start victimising one with Gertrude and Giselle. I'm aiming for emotional deaths, poisoned by pufferfish, death by hamster bite.... And okay we know in the Sims there's no consequences or police but I have a point system going. So say death by pufferfish is +15 points. Death by Murphy bed +15 points, Death by emotion +25 points. Everytime one lives you risk getting turned into the imaginary police (I'm making my own prison and police force for gameplay too now I come to think of it, so when things do start to look sus, someone can intervene.) anyway, one lives through the room mate ordeal to the old ladies they lose +50 points. It's keeping me amused. The reward? Once the household is killed off, they get to to go Sulani for a holiday or build a space ship or something big like that and then of course I treat them to new room mates. Death by drowning is only accepted when it's in the shark filled pond out back.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    That's my style of gameplay, but I don't know what your idea of fun and chaotic is. I do heavy rotational play, and it's all based on scenarios, not storytelling. It's a lot of fun, but I don't know if you would consider that long term

@Nate_Whiplash1 I also do heavy rotational play :) what do you mean by your playstyle being based in scenarios, not storytelling?
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

@Nate_Whiplash1 I also do heavy rotational play :) what do you mean by your playstyle being based in scenarios, not storytelling?

For example, I built a nightclub I call The Buzz, and it's filled with bees....people get swarmed all the time. There's no background, no story to tell, instead it's based around a situation
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited October 2020
    I end up getting bored with a lot of these challenges. I'm currently still on my main generation for the family legacy.
    You could do what I usually do when I get bored and create a lot in each world with creepy crawlies and add objects from the Jungle Adventure game pack from the temples (It causes all the pests from that specific lot to attack every sim walking around the neighborhood.) Have some sims eat the bizarre fruit while not in Strangerville and add just a touch of pollution in the mix and it makes for seriously interesting game play. :wink:
    telmarina wrote: »

For example, I built a nightclub I call The Buzz, and it's filled with bees....people get swarmed all the time. There's no background, no story to tell, instead it's based around a situation

Your buzz night club seriously cracks me up every time I see that image. xD
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    I'm playing rags to riches with an erratic spellcaster, his way of income right now is dumpster diving and casting the repairio spell on the burnt objects he finds.. he has the curse of scrambled spells so it can be chaotic but, also rewarding when his mispells dupe the furniture.

also play the not so berry challenge which I needed a break from. 10 gens is a long time the way I play