Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Debug Objects... not fair!

ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
I wish EA would fix/improve access to Buy Debug objects. I would really like access to waterfalls and terrain objects (rocks, plants and trees, etc.). I have researched this problem in detail and am directed to the same solution. Enter the cheats bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects, then either click the empty search button or enter **debug** to access the Buy Debug objects. I have tried this over and over again to no avail. I get the original debug objects, but not the new ones opened up to us with a latest patch. This is just not fair.... Is anyone else frustrated with this problem?
fkgck4xkargo.png
"If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    I wanted to put the sea monster in my back water garden, but I can never find it in hiddenobjects/showliveeditobjects.
  • Options
    GuillaumeSnowGuillaumeSnow Posts: 87 Member
    > @AedanStarfang said:
    > I wanted to put the sea monster in my back water garden, but I can never find it in hiddenobjects/showliveeditobjects.

It's there if i'm not mistaken, but not an actual object, it's just a flat texture.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    It's just a lot of scrolling and keeping a close eye on everything. But eventually a lot of stuff is in there. It would be nice to have it sorted/named better, but they are debug items, so it makes sense for them to not have proper names.
    What I often do is filter by pack, it does narrow down things a lot. But, a lot of debug items you'd expect to be from a certain pack can still be basegame.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Did you key "testingcheats on" (with the quote marks) first? key: testingcheats on; bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement; bb.showhiddenobjects; bb.showliveeditobjects. I hope this helps :D
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    I get the original debug objects, but not the new ones opened up to us with a latest patch.
    do you have the packs they are from?
    if so, than it should work, when all the cheats are entered correctly do an empty search and scroll all the way down, you can filter by pack too.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Debug and live edit objects are two different things.

Maybe you need twistedmexi's Better BuildBuy Mod. (i did not care for it)

I use MCCC cheats mod (plus others) so I don't have to type cheats instead of twistedmexi's Better BuildBuy.

Other players love both mods!
  • Options
    I want to thank all of you who have responded and offered advice, but everything that has been suggested here I have tried and none of it works. I own every Sims 4 pack put out to date, so I am not missing anything. Let me add that at one time a long while back I did see the missing objects In debug (bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects) and even used some of them in my builds. I am not sure when I lost them. I am assuming that it started after a patch, but I can’t pinpoint exactly when. I know I can’t possibly be the only one with this problem?!?
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I want to thank all of you who have responded and offered advice, but everything that has been suggested here I have tried and none of it works. I own every Sims 4 pack put out to date, so I am not missing anything. Let me add that at one time a long while back I did see the missing objects In debug (bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects) and even used some of them in my builds. I am not sure when I lost them. I am assuming that it started after a patch, but I can’t pinpoint exactly when. I know I can’t possibly be the only one with this problem?!?

It's possible that they are not missing but you just didn't see them? I have this issue even with normal catalogue items, I know they are there, but cannot find them because there are too many items in the catalogue, the catalogue is a mess and they have weird names and you can't use the search function to find them unless you remember al those weird names. The debug catalogue items don't even have names and are not sorted in any way.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    For waterfalls try using Andrew's Effect player - not wonderful and not many options (that I've found anyway) but there are a few useable ones in the effects list provided. I use it in conjuction with Twisted Mexi's TOOL to get some interesting results.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I don't know if you use mods, but TMEX's better build/buy mod organizes debug items and gives them names. It's a great mod for builders.

In addition, watch some of the builds Kate Emerald does. She uses waterfalls in her builds all the time.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    Thank you for your suggestion @crocobaura, but I have so many items missing (namely build mode objects) that during one of my many painstakingly searches, I should be able to find at least one of them. What I am looking for in particular is access to all of the waterfalls and rocks that came with several different packs. With all of them out there, if I had them, I should be able to find at least one of them!

Thanks @GracieO312 but I have not used any 3rd party content since Sims 1. I only use what EA puts out. It gives me a lot less headaches.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    Thank you for your suggestion @crocobaura, but I have so many items missing (namely build mode objects) that during one of my many painstakingly searches, I should be able to find at least one of them. What I am looking for in particular is access to all of the waterfalls and rocks that came with several different packs. With all of them out there, if I had them, I should be able to find at least one of them!

Thanks @GracieO312 but I have not used any 3rd party content since Sims 1. I only use what EA puts out. It gives me a lot less headaches.

You could try getting them off the Gallery. I usually find stuff I am looking for easier there then in the catalogue. :lol: When you do find them, put them on a lot and save to your library for future use. It saves a lot of time searching for stuff.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

You could try getting them off the Gallery. I usually find stuff I am looking for easier there then in the catalogue. :lol: When you do find them, put them on a lot and save to your library for future use. It saves a lot of time searching for stuff.

Thanks @crocobaura I have done this many times with objects I can not find on the Gallery (think plants and trees that I have grown). However, I was going to do the same thing with the waterfalls, but they are difficult to squeeze into a lot that I can save. Some of them have a very large foot print and would only allow one or two on a lot. It would be a lot of work and very time consuming to transfer all of these to my lot in progress. Getting them from the debug menus would be so much easier and faster.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Thanks @crocobaura I have done this many times with objects I can not find on the Gallery (think plants and trees that I have grown). However, I was going to do the same thing with the waterfalls, but they are difficult to squeeze into a lot that I can save. Some of them have a very large foot print and would only allow one or two on a lot. It would be a lot of work and very time consuming to transfer all of these to my lot in progress. Getting them from the debug menus would be so much easier and faster.

If they can be resized, you could make them smaller and fit everything in a room.
  • Options
    @crocobaura I have tried that, too! The problem is, is that when I move the water falls or rocks to make a smaller foot print, they stay at the height that they were pasted into the original lot with and I can not lower them with the"[ ]" cheat. Plus, I want to use different waterfalls from different packs. People usually use only one type of waterfall in their lots, and I want several different ones. As I said, it would be so much easier to get them from debug menu.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm not sure if this will be helpful or not, but you could use Sims4Studio to look at all of the Debug objects to get the name of it, then do a search in game after you type in the cheats

To search on S4S:
    >Under OBJECT
    >Click Create 3D Mesh
    >Click the blue OBJECT Button (another window will open)
    >At the top, tick the SHOW DEBUG ITEMS

It will then show you every object that's a debug item
    You can even search but sometimes the names are obscure

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by waterfall, but if you type in 'water" it shows a bunch of waterfalls that are listed as "landmarks"

You can Download Sims4Studio here (You will need to register, but it's free)
    https://sims4studio.com/board/31/downloading-installing-sims-4-studio
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion @Chicklet453681 After downloading a lot with waterfalls in it, I looked at the name and searched for it, but it did not find it. Thank you, but as I stated previously, I do not use 3rd party content in my game.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You can't search for live edit objects because they don't have names unless you have the Better BuildBuy mod.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    @ehaught58, it's not 3rd party content, that's a program. It's used to make CC but also used to do batch-fixes when patches break things (such as when all the sofas, chairs, beds broke with the C&D patch)

@AnnLee87 thanks for that info, I never knew that. I normally just scroll thru until I find what I'm looking for so I've never tried to search anything or I use S4S
  • Options
    I have found a work-around. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top