Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for a Reality Show pack

WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
Considering the rumors for a Reality Show EP, here's how I would like it to be (even though I think reality shows should be a GP, and not an EP):

Your sim would be able to apply for 3 different reality shows:

1) a basic reality show (like Big Brother)

How it could work: Sims would be stuck in a house without computer, TV or phones, and they would have weekly activities, like competing in various different games and tasks to determine who is the Head of Household (being safe from eviction and getting an exclusive fancy bedroom for a week), parties and a voting system to evict one houseguest each week. The voting would be based on relationship with the other houseguests, commitment with the household chores and trait compatibility. The last one standing would be the winner.

-The sims would be in the house for a period of time similar to an university degree (maybe a little shorter) and they wouldn't be able to leave the place until it was over.

-Considering we would only be able to play with one sim, there could be more than 8 sims competing.

-The house would change according to the occasion, like the festivals in City Living (like, if the party day comes, the party will be set up automatically, but you can change the objects if you want to)

-The winner gets 200k simoleons and a great or terrible reputation, according to their actions. If you have Get Famous, your sim will also gain fame.

2) a cooking show (like Hell's Kitchen)

How it could work: Sims would have various cooking competitions, like: everybody cooks the same dish, and they get different points according to the quality of the dish; they have a certain amount of time to cook a dish or who gets it done first wins; they have to cook a starter, a main course and a dessert, and the judges will award different amount of points for each choice; they would have to cook off-the-grid; cook in terrible conditions; bake cakes and etc. At one point (like the final) a lot of sims would come to the house and our sims would have to cook for them and serve.

-New recipes would be added and the cooking system could be improved/overhauled (I don't know how).

-The winner would get 25k simoleons and become a level 10 chef. If you have Dine Out, your restaurant will become a lot more popular.

3) a love show (like The Bachelor)

How it could work: I'm not sure how this could work considering Sims 4 targets at a younger audience. The idea of multiple sims fighting for the love of one might sound a little disturbing for some lmao. What I though was going on dates with different sims and deciding which one suits you best. There could be some competition and parties to spice things up.

-The pack would add an attraction system, online dating, slow dancing and bachelor/bachelorette parties.

-The winner would get an incredible wedding with the one chosen, and would get 25k simoleons. If you have Get Famous, you would also gain fame.

There would be no new world in the pack, except for the secret lots where the reality shows are located (much like the hospital and the lab in Get to Work). There would be one different lot for each type of reality show, but you can edit those, as long as you match the requirements.

Build/Buy ideas: for the cooking show, I would expect floating countertops, cooktops and built-in friges and microwaves. For the love show, I would like pool bars.

CAS ideas: nail polish and body hair

What do you guys think? Personally, there are many other packs I would enjoy better than a Reality Show pack, but if it was anything similar to this, I would actually love it.

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I like this idea. You could also add a talent show like AGT or American Idol.

This would satisfy all sorts of interesting things that we don't have that we did in Sims 3 with Showtime.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Also Top Model and Got Talent could be great.
  • Options
    Yes! I would absolutely love music and fashion shows too. But knowing EA, it's unlikely that we would get all of these in one pack.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'd buy a BB or Survivor themed reality dlc. Maybe. But I can't see it not being screwed up based on S4, the team, and the way they designed the game.
  • Options
    KorglyKorgly Posts: 187 Member
    Sounds good, hopefully it would add more lot traits and types that could be used for other forms of gameplay aswell like building an asylum or apartments rather then just the intended scenes
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Could we have a David Attenborough reality show / Crocodile Hunter show / Marc Roper show where you just track animals or do nature photoshoots or explore science?
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    What about a Create A Show system? We could make our on shows, make our on rules!
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited October 2020
    HopeCrash wrote: »
    What about a Create A Show system? We could make our on shows, make our on rules!

I'd only be interested if your sims could actually watch those reality shows on their tvs, and you could see your sims in the show. Otherwise it seems too fake to me.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited October 2020
    bixters wrote: »

I'd only be interested if your sims could actually watch those reality shows on their tvs, and you could see your sims in the show. Otherwise it seems too fake to me.

I agree. This is the problem I have with the video footage aspect of the media production skill in Get Famous. It’s descriptions only. For example, the drone doesn’t actually take footage the way the video cameras in TS3 did. In the latter Sims could play back footage on their Television. I loved those details and they really should make a come-back if this is indeed a reality tv inspired pack.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

I agree. This is the problem I have with the video footage aspect of the media production skill in Get Famous. It’s descriptions only. For example, the drone doesn’t actually take footage the way the video cameras in TS3 did. In the latter Sims could play back footage on their Television. I loved those details and they really should make a come-back if this is indeed a reality tv inspired pack.

I absolutely agree. The in-game videos in Sims 3 were amazing, they gave such an immersive touch to the game. We need that back in Sims 4 (both in-game footage and immersion lmao)

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member

I had a similar idea. We could customize the duration, the number of players, the location (introducing new lot type:filming location) and the ways of elimination (player voting, jury or audience televoting).
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited October 2020
    The ONLY way I would ever, ever be interested in a TV show like pack for the Sims is if we could make our own game shows (torture our Sims :naughty:)! I think a Sims version of Takeshi's Castle would be amazing to be honest... and maybe the Crystal Maze, too...
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    edited October 2020
    Meh, I'm watching wheel of fortune & jeopardy tonight. Trivia doesn't make sense as it'd be automated like dueling. But if it was a minor aspect of a different pack it'd be alright
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    NO, NEVER!