Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Extended Famiy Tree?

I'm looking for a mod that will show cousins on the family tree so I can view the entire family. I'm playing a legacy challenge with Jared Frio and I just found out now that Connor Frio, his brother, had 2 kids with Zelda Frio and I just now found out. It shows half sisters and brothers so why not cousins? Is there any mods that youve found? I've been searching but I only find threads asking for it with no solutions
hLhdCsO.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I don't know what it shows on the family tree but any child of a sibling of the parent is a cousin. Here's a recent capture of the family tree in my active save and at a glance I can see who are cousins.
    50396902742_637684e203_o.jpg
  • Options
    It just occurred to me that perhaps you are unaware that you can click on different sims on the selected sim's tree to show different branches.
  • Options
    Chi5678Chi5678 Posts: 268 Member
    @Mikezumi wow that's a big family tree! Hope I get there eventually.. and no, I'm aware. But it doesnt show cousins. I'll post a screenshot

Right now it's clicked on Jared Frio, you can see my immediate family's 3 children and the one he has with Claire Ursine, as well as his wife (my legacy founder) and his brother.
    Vw4xMfV.png

When I click on Connor Frio you can see he's married to Zelda Mae and they have 2 kids together, as well as you can see Jared having a brother connection to Connor.
    tSowdGe.png

I want to click on the family tree and see all of this at once, instead of clicking and moving around.
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    You will be able to see more as the generations progress. The only way you could see it the way you want is if Connor and Jared had parents. I guess it just means you need to be vigilant in clicking on siblings to see what's happening in their lives. I use Nraas SP and see (and read) all notifications of what's happening in my town so know of every birth, relationship, death, etc.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi I have SP too and have the notifs on for everyone but I guess I missed or forgot about connor and zelda's kids. It's alright though. I'll have to check more as time goes on. Hypothetically I could create a sim to pose as the frio brothers' parent and use master controller to set relationships couldnt i? so that i could see the whole family tree lol i might do that if i realllly want to xD
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    I just noticed you have 28 notifications in the corner. Do you not read them? or are they set not to show what other family members are doing?
  • Options
    We posted at the same time :D I guess you must have missed them. I am sure I miss some when my save is frantic :D
  • Options
    I should get screen captures of my entire family tree. What I showed you is just the branch that contains the heirs :D
  • Options
    @Mikezumi lol i read all of them, they go away on their own.. I'm sure you could close them but i dont like to in case i wanna reread something
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    I read and close mine as soon as they come up. It also helps that I give all sims in the town birthday makeovers (you'll not see any badly dressed/coifed sims in my town) so know who's who at all times.
  • Options
    @Mikezumi also im sure your family tree is hugeeeee, id love to see it if you get a moment hahaha
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Haha! Love that. I dont give sims makeovers I want them to carry genetics and stuff as best as possible and as for clothing I only change it on sims in my family or that I want in my family if its god awful. I dont have the patience to make over toddlers or kids cause theyre in that life stage for so short. maybe teens or young adults i will. i got the most adorable clothing for babies though omgggg
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited October 2020
    There is an option in one of the NRAAS mods that lets you choose the number of levels in the family tree. I think its in Story Progression. I can't check right now as I have them in a tomb in France and I'm working on the video - but if I remember to check later on I'll let you know where it is if you don't already know how to do it.

EDIT: If it were me and I wanted the Frios to have parents so I could see their cousins in the family tree, I'd make parents and use master Controller to add their parents to their family trees. I've done that before. I made their parents ghosts though. And I didn't do it for the Firos, but I did it for another sims I was playing with once.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Nrass - Master Controller - Basic - Family Tree

It will show you broader family tree than the family tree button accessed in the UI

But it might not show your cousin.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    @Karritz oh that’s smart to just make them as a ghost. Do I have to place them in a house? I’d rather them not really exist in game other than just to connect the family tree
    hLhdCsO.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited October 2020
    Chi5678 wrote: »
    @Karritz oh that’s smart to just make them as a ghost. Do I have to place them in a house? I’d rather them not really exist in game other than just to connect the family tree

When I did it I made 6 ghosts to add another generation above.

I was clueless about what to do with them. I put them in a house and after a couple of days they all vanished and I found their tombstones in the mausoleum. I got them out of that and put them on the ground in the cemetery. It was a few years ago now so I don't remember all that happened clearly now.

I have copies of just about every sim I ever made backed up so I have a huge resource to draw upon if I want to add extra sims to a game. I've been making and backing up my sims since I started playing the game in June 2009 so I have a huge lot of backed up sims.

The thing that happened to get me to want to make ghosts to add to a family tree was I found I had placed two different households from my library into a game and one of my sims was in both households. I didn't want to get rid of her in either household so I decided to turn her two versions into cousins. So I made two pairs of ghosts as the parents of each version and then another pair of ghosts to be the cousins shared grandparents.

With Sims 3 you always have to have a sim in the game, either living or dead, who can join family trees together. Everyone in a family tree has to trace their ancestry back to at least one common sim.