Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing hair style and such for martial arts clothing

Does anyone know how to change the hair stlye, etc when your sim is wearing their martial arts clothes. I found that the hairstyle, etc (glasses, jewellry, gloves) will change when you sim get a new belt depending what they had in their everyday clothes. But now my sim has gotten her black belt and I cant change her hairstlye (Only the colour) and she is wearing elbow lenght gloves that I cant get rid of. Any ideas????

Thanks, Mel

Comments

• Options
    burnoutPERTHburnoutPERTH Posts: 239 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I don't believe you can once your sim has mastered the skill. I have a sim who has mastered the skill who wears grey socks I can't get rid of.
  • Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I'm fairly sure I managed to change my sim's hairstyle for his Martial Arts outfit using Change Appearance at the mirror. I changed from having a hat to not having one so maybe you can do that but not change within the same section (so I couldn't have changed to a different hat), that would be a really weird bug though.

I'm not aware of a way to change the accessories and such unfortunately, I have a sim with a similar problem except I had worked around it and suddenly she started having the problem again with older outfits as well as her newer belts (I might have to see if I could recreate that since it would also help people solve the problem).
  • Options
    DirtyDevinDirtyDevin Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2010
    So is this still an epic fail?

I got about 3 belts in and now the guy is wearing glasses. Which he has never worn in any other outfit ever in his life. I know it's nitpickey but I've heard people with glitter, mohawk hair and wearing shoes.

I did go to the mirror wearing the martial arts outfit (while in china too) and he does appear immediately in the outfit (with his elton john glasses on), however you cannot edit the outfit since there is no option for it.

Patch this 8 month old issue please. Or I could use a mod I guess :(
  • Options
    White_CaperWhite_Caper Posts: 2 New Member
    It’s simple actually. Make sure you put the nraas Master Controller mod in your mods folder first. Once you’ve done that, bring up your game. First have your sim be wearing the martial arts outfit you want to change. After that click on your sim and select nraas-master controller-dresser and it will bring up the outfit in cas mode for you to change however you like.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2020
    @White_Caper - I think you mean MasterController's Stylist function. Dresser is actually a totally different NRaas mod and has a different purpose. But it should be noted that this thread is from over ten years ago! :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    White_CaperWhite_Caper Posts: 2 New Member
    @igazor - I know. Just trying to be helpful.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top