Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Del Sol Valley must be fixed! #justice4DSV

Ok. The most of worlds needs to be bigger, but Del Sol Valley is unplayable. I am really trying to make this map better but I can’t. My every move is just hiding some weaknesses of DSV, but not fixing them. I really want to like this world because the „feeling” and style are fine but I can’t stand fake houses, number of lots and strange lots sizes.

What needs to be done in my opinion?
1. Studio should be unlocked
2. In Mirage Park some lots should be added instead of fake houses.
3. Starter house is too expensive
4. Empty starter lot is too big and too expensive. It can be split into 2 lots - 20x30
5. Beach District for mid class Sims should be added
6. Celebrity neighberhood should have 2-3 additional big lots.
7. Some additional apartments or/and penthouses will be great improvement.
8. Several community lots instead of fake buildings in the center should be added.
9. Some events with celebrities will be also nice.
10. Bouncing camera bug in 64x64 lot should be fixed
11. In general premade houses should be improved - more toilets ect.

Some worlds can be small but Del Sol Valley, Windenburg and San Myshuno should be big.

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I stand behind this. We should be able to use the beach. And I wanted so bad for this to feel like an LA kind of city/beach world but it needs a remake.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2020
    All towns have their drawbacks. Get Famous is nearly two years old. If it hasn't been changed in that time, I think it is unlikely it will be.

Does the town load? Can you visit venues? Buy properties and move to them when you can afford them? It's playable. It just isn't what you want.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Del Sol Valley was one of my favorite worlds so I would have loved if they would update it. I'm not sure they can though. That would require them to go back and change Get Famous which they are selling right now. And I'm not sure they have the budget to add it as a free update...
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    If they can change base game, they can update packs than. Expansions are also the part of the game and can not be abdoned after realise.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    To change the world now might destroy people's saves. That's the problem. They can add in new objects and things but can't change the saved environments where Sims have gone and lived or done activities. There is a whole lot of crossover in the code for locations. This is one of the reasons they said it's very difficult just to make the oceans in other worlds swimmable (although they are supposedly working on it). But they don't want to disrupt saved games.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    They just have to create new world as the second option available only for new games. Old DSV should be hidden than.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2020
    LiELF wrote: »
    To change the world now might destroy people's saves. That's the problem. They can add in new objects and things but can't change the saved environments where Sims have gone and lived or done activities. There is a whole lot of crossover in the code for locations. This is one of the reasons they said it's very difficult just to make the oceans in other worlds swimmable (although they are supposedly working on it). But they don't want to disrupt saved games.

I heard that too, the bug that a lot of people experienced with the patch before Eco Lifestyle was apparently a version of that where people could not load their older savegames for a while until they managed to fix it.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'd love to see a better Del Sol Valley, but as LiELF pointed out, it will break saves. And I don't think the solution is as simple as "all new games access the new version, while old saves access the old." I'm very out of date with my programming knowledge, but I don't think that's a simple programming fix. Not to mention the file bloat of having to maintain both versions indefinitely.

But more realistically, there are a lot of changes listed in the original post. Where's the profit in it? Small updates, minor tweaks that work well with new packs - these are budgeted changes. Major changes that are essentially an entire new world? EA's going to need more incentive than upset fans.

That said, a new pack with East Del Sol Valley as a new "world" wouldn't be a bad compromise, imo.
  • Options
    Anyway. How Maxis expanded The Sims map in Unleasched expansion without any problems?
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Anyway. How Maxis expanded The Sims map in Unleasched expansion without any problems?

Completely different. Completely different engine in a completely different game.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if they could update it because it's probably my least favorite world right now. I'd also really like an option to buy more empty worlds on the side for a reasonable price. Even they were to sell "copies" of current worlds but empty, I'd like that because I need the space. Or maybe we could have those worlds with upgraded swimmable areas and extra lots if our system could run it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Del Sol Valley is essentially L.A. And believe me prices are sky high. Just about all of CA is way too pricey. I lived in that state for over fifty years.

I believe the group of skyscrapers I've 'circled' is Century City, home of the Shubert Theatre.

JIclcfA.jpg

The look and feel of the town is pretty much spot-on, but I was very disappointed in how small and how few lots were available. It is practically unplayable. I replaced the lot on the 64 X 64 for my Cantrell family. As for adding toilets in other lots, I always 'fix' a place before I move my Sims in, or I simply replace it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    In an official survey, we were asked to pick 3 packs we’d like to see improved. I included Get Famous in that answer because of DSV. Sometimes I wonder if they will do anything with that information.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I agree with the need for changes, I would love to see all of it implemented, but I have little to no hope the developers will do it.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    An LA type beach and boardwalk would have made the world perfect for me. Maybe add another lot or 2 as well.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Yes it definitely needs a beach / boardwalk area to enjoy and swimmable water! What a letdown!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I remember when the pack first came out and I stated that the world had too few lots. I still feel this is the case. A lot of the world looks like dead space, set dressing. That may be why I don't often play in this world even now.
  • Options
    ^^
    I want to play in DSV more, but it is hard to build any immersion here. Whats more, this is one of few worlds where modern house style can match to the area but if you do not want to destroy any premade villa, you can not build anything your own here.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited September 2020
    Serious question for those who know about such things, would it really break the game to simply add/unlock a new neighborhood in a new part of the map that isn't currently in use?

Because that would be sufficient for me.

Although I might have originally liked some of the changes proposed by OP, prior to launch, I've found a way to make those spaces work for me now, and wouldn't want to see them changed in my game. But I would love, love, love to see some new spaces, and it looks to me like there's space to make that work. A beach neighborhood with a mid-range apartment building and 2-3 commercial lots? A neighborhood with 3-4 small residential lots? I think there are lots of options, and I would think that totally new spaces wouldn't necessarily break the game.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Does DSV still have the sound problem in basements under foundations (you here the sound from the level above)?