Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PlantSims/Alien Sims

Summerbear5Summerbear5 Posts: 643 Member
So I have a PlantSim and a couple Alien Sims and I have questions about their needs. So I read that Alien Sims don't have to worry about energy because they can consume space rocks and restore brain power and sleeping is useless for them. However my Alien Sim with full brain power still gets the tired moodlet and has to sleep. Also for my PlantSim I read they don't have Hunger or Bladder, But my PlantSim will get the Hungry Moodlet and make food and you can see slightly under the leaves on the motive bar that indeed the hunger is down to yellow/orange. Also he gets the Has to Pee moodlet. I'm wondering if my Sim(s)/Neighborhood is glitched...or is this how it is?
angrycat.gif

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Plant sims are supposed to regain energy and hunger by getting into water. So...if they have a tub or a pool...or they bury themselves in the ground - they should regenerate energy level.

I'm not so sure about aliens. But haven't played much with either. Hopefully someone can shed light on this.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    Yeah. Looks like that household is glitched. You can try to reset them with the resetSim cheat for both of them. If that doesn't work, I'd move them out of the house and then move them back in.
  • Options
    I've reset the Sims but haven't played enough to see if it's fixed. I think they might have glitched taking a ride in the Motive Mobile so I might put that away for awhile.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Have they used a Motive Mobile? It borks the needs of aliens and plantsims and some other occults too. There is a mod fix if you're interested though I'm not sure how to bring their motives back to normal.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Aaah, yes. I actually did have that same issue. I had a hybrid alien/plantsim/vampire/witch/werewolf/genie/fairy use the motive mobile and then got the glitched needs. I didn't realize that was what had happened in my game for like a week or two when that alien hybrid would suddenly get 'slow' and 'thirsty' and the like. I thought it was some weird and random glitch from just having the hybrid and just dealt with it by keeping on using the motive mobile - not realizing that that was what had caused my issue until like a couple of weeks ago.

I'm thinking there's no way to get the needs back to normal besides finding a save from before the glitched sim used the motive mobile, unfortunately.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Aaah, yes. I actually did have that same issue. I had a hybrid alien/plantsim/vampire/witch/werewolf/genie/fairy use the motive mobile and then got the glitched needs. I didn't realize that was what had happened in my game for like a week or two when that alien hybrid would suddenly get 'slow' and 'thirsty' and the like. I thought it was some weird and random glitch from just having the hybrid and just dealt with it by keeping on using the motive mobile - not realizing that that was what had caused my issue until like a couple of weeks ago.

I'm thinking there's no way to get the needs back to normal besides finding a save from before the glitched sim used the motive mobile, unfortunately.

I've never had the problem because I can't remember having deliberately getting that motive mobile more than once or twice to see what it did. And up until recently I didn't play with aliens and hardly ever touched plant sims. I have had sims I placed in worlds get it when they weren't in my active household and I wasted some time wondering how that was even possible. I came to the conclusion they must have 'found' it parked somewhere.

However, with TestingCheatsEnabled True you might be able to shift click on the mailbox to Make All Happy.

If you have Master Controller there are some options that might help. You can remove moodlets with that mod. It's in the Intermediate menu. Or you can click on another sim and choose Max Motives - it's under the Intermediate menu. I've used that last one a few times on townies I wanted my sim to continue interacting with but they were exhausted or starving.
  • Options
    I ended up using "Reset Sim" on nraas and it fixed them. I then put the motive mobile away in the family inventory so it cannot be used anymore. My favorite thing with the motive mobile is it makes teaching teens how to drive so much easier.
    angrycat.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Edit: I'm not making much sense. Sigh. I'm getting sleepy, so feel free to ignore this.

I meant that the needs that shouldn't go down with plantsims still end up going down. (Hunger and bladder needs.) Then again, I haven't reset the sim in question since I've kind of dropped that save. I haven't played with that save for at least a few weeks now.