Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ceiling tiles

I have been spending a lot of time in Build mode lately, and especially in my underground Tatooine-style homestead build, I see a lot of my ceilings when I pan around for screen grabs. The walls are brown stucco. The floor is terra-cotta concrete. The ceiling is flat white. It looks wrong.

Please, if at all possible - I know most of the time we never see it, but if we can get the ability to apply flooring tiles to the ceiling, as was the case in TS3, I would be a very happy builder (and my houses would make more sense to me).

(note - I didn't see a thread on this topic that wasn't too old to raise. New concern (for me), new thread.)

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    I 1000% agree!

I created a poll for the option to ‘paint’ the ceilings a few months back. I‘ve been using the term ‘ceiling tiles’ more recently which seems more appropriate. But it’s the same idea. Those who want this feature in their game will need to keep raising the issue.

I need it for completing a build, gameplay immersion & taking pictures and videos from all angles.
    I also use the sims 3 camera, which let’s me move the camera on all axis’s so I’m always confronted with those terrifying white ceilings. :#

POLL:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/977898/would-you-like-the-option-to-paint-the-ceilings-yea-or-nay/p1
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Thank you for that link. I'll respond.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Here, here! They probably implemented that terrible new camera for TS4 in order to hide the white ceilings, but then went back and added TS3's camera because they realized how jankey their new camera was (camera controls are always a sticking point for me in 3D games, have been for nearly 25 years...). Well, the better camera and the Tab camera mode both reveal the ceilings, and the white ceilings are downright immersion breaking and even hideously ugly in some builds. Then, they implemented 1st person view, which all but guarantees that if you have all four walls up for immersion, you WILL see the bland, flat, white ceilings.

In real life, even a lot of buildings with white ceilings have some texture to the things, from the stomach-churningly bad popcorn ceilings and that nasty-looking ceiling texture where they spread white plaster on the ceiling and dab it with a sponge, to those weird porous ceiling tiles you see in shops and office buildings (which often have gross, brown stains on them), to pealing paint in an old apartment building, to old pressed tin ceilings that some style-impaired fool ruined with coat of white paint circa 1940. Painting the ceilings means adding that extra layer of believably and history to our builds. It's something we desperately need.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    This is not at the top of my priority list, but it is something I would use. Much more useful than freeing babies.
  • Options
    MissDKJMissDKJ Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love it. For me, it would make my buildings complete.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    all I want is to have wallpapers and floors available to use for ceilings
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free