Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS5 - Something to think about

I've always believed in the power of games bringing people together regardless of backgrounds or boundaries. EA and Maxis need to come together towards a common goal to empower creators, help bring their ideas to life, and create gaming experiences that foster meaningful connections between players.

To EA:

To create an environment that is development friendly towards creators/developers/producers that value product and player experience over financial pressures. The Sims brings people together and is an escape of the unpleasant things that reality can bring. There is a better way of approaching business and game creation that can be both sustainable and be a lot of fun and yield positive results.

Make games that you are passionate about! It's important to create an environment that can sustainably cultivate creativity and innovation and unlock the potential of these talented teams you have hired.

Listen to your players! Especially players that have been around since day 1. I understand you want to bring new players to the Sims Franchise, but you can do that without alienating your veteran players! And most of all, learn from your mistakes. If something didn't work out, revisit it and try to figure out what you could've done better.

Comments

• Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    If a game pack needs to be delayed, then delay it. I'd rather have a quality product over a rushed and buggy one.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Thank you!
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)
    Why should it bring people Together? I think of the Sims as a Solitary game. I'm not looking for "meaningful connections between players."

What does this mean: "an environment that is development friendly towards creators/developers/producers ..." For them? The developers? Does EA have a terrible work environment again?
  • Options
    playermarko456playermarko456 Posts: 4,972 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Rflong7 To bring the community together. Not in the sense that the Sims would be a multiplayer game. It would remain a solitary game. It just feels at the moment, divided. Some people are content with what EA is putting out and others want them to do more. They want change.

To answer your other question, we all know how big companies operate. To create an environment in which creators don't feel rushed to put out content. It feels like they have this short deadline and the product ends up feeling incomplete and buggy. They need the time to flesh out the content and test it. As to whether EA has a terrible work environment? I don't know. I don't work at EA.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited September 2020
    Oh, thanks. :)
    I don't remember the community ever agreeing in any of the game iteration. Not everyone went to TS2 when it was released. Not everyone moved to TS3 when it was released. I don't see it ever happening. Not even a little bit. The community is even divided on realistic or kinda cartoony or the way it is in TS2/3.
    I liked the look of TS4 Sims but I don't like the game. I like the game play of TS3 but not the Sims as much. Even TS2 didn't meet the expectations of The Sims 1.

*I want to add; I don't know how big companies work, I've never worked for a big company. I do believe they have deadlines and that's to be expected.
    Post edited by Rflong7 on