Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairfax - Life in Victoria County - Decades Challenge -

OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
Welcome to Victoria County, one of the most beautiful and historic areas in the country! Founded in 1793 by best friends Thomas Fairfax and Edward Winchester, Victoria County grew into one of the most sought after places to live and raise a family. It began as a small little pair of farming properties for the two families, but came to span 20 square miles, encompassing the towns of Willow Creek, Newcrest, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, Oasis Springs, and the sprawling city of San Myshuno. Residents and tourists alike spend their vacations in Granite Falls, and do most of their shopping in Magnolia Promenade. The schools are at the top of the list in the country. The property values are high, but still affordable, and all of the county is completely pet friendly. Small town charm and hospitality still exists here today! Interested in moving to Victoria County? Please read up on our town's rich history!

The Fairfax & Winchester Connection.

Records go back to Thomas Fairfax, who was one of the two founding members of the county. He was born in 1764 and arrived in Victoria County with his wife Abigail and best friend Edward Winchester (and his wife Anne). Thomas' father had fought in the Revolutionary War and had been granted land for his service. When Thomas' father died, he handed it down to Thomas. They named Victoria County in honor of Thomas' sister Victoria, who Edward Winchester had once loved before her untimely death from influenza. They built their respective farms and came to discover that they were decent landowners, and even more decent when they owned together. As funds would allow, they would buy land here and there, expanding Victoria County. When Thomas' wife Abigail gave birth to a son, they named him Edward after Thomas' best friend. Edward and his wife Anne returned the favor when their son was born, naming him Thomas.

The Fairfax and Winchester lines continued even after Thomas' and Edward's deaths. The two families remained close and fierce friends, eventually culminating in marriage. And that's where the real story begins.

All of the Fairfax Family details can be found by clicking below!
Details
War Rolls

The challenge was completed June 2nd, 2018! 💜

11/10/2019 ETA: I've changed websites and such, and while the posts are no longer available, I have kept the page listing the founder and heir for each generation. I have also added a separate page for the War Rolls that I do during wartime, for those who may be interested!
Post edited by OhHeyLucky on

Comments

• Options
    OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited February 2019
    Reserved
    Post edited by OhHeyLucky on
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member
    This is cool! I love seeing the pictures of the Sims in the period clothing. Thanks for keeping your story updated! I'll look forward to reading the next update.
  • Options
    Pmw76Pmw76 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, how do you do the war rolls? I am in the 1910s now