Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin updates

Got the Origin needs updating message today, nothing unusual there right?
Decided to check what was updated, hit the link BLINKED at BSOD screen.
Went through the usual hell of rebooting an interupted system, and got back to checking what Origin have updated.

Good luck all, it seems they " squashed more bugs and made Origin even more awesome" AGAIN.

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Just updated mine and no BSOD or other disasters. And bug squashing is good -- might not even be Sims related but for other games/platforms.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited September 2020
    The last time I updated Origin, I was playing in off line mode to avoid one of EA's updates. So Origin decided to just ignore the fact I had turned off the auto update option and updated Sims4 as well. I am in off line mode again because of all the problems that came with the pre-JtB update, so I think I'll just avoid the hassle by not updating Origin for the time being. Sims4 is the only game I am currently playing through Origin. Windows just released a new update a few days ago, and Origin usually updates when Windows is updated. It seems every time Windows releases an update everyone else updates, too. And I am getting tired of being bullied into updating every few weeks by EA, Origin and Windows.

EDIT:
    I just opened Origin and went back on line to see what would happen. No message from Origin about their update, but it did try to update Sims4. Really ticked me off. But I quickly clicked off line mode and stopped it from happening.