Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Gamescom Announcement is the Most Interesting? :D

This is just for fun and not to be taken seriously :p Jokes and things like that are allowed :)

Which Gamescom Announcement is the Most Interesting? :D 30 votes

The Sims 4 Gamescom Get Together Announcement
80%
Akl500PCamkatbabajayneelanorbretonsimgirl1010keFUNKNEY101empkaileenaphantasmkissBabykittyjadeHarukotyanEnkiSchmidtSimzilla_7chacceclover24LiELFBreazonacalipossloutredorEmma_Smith101TS1299 24 votes
The Sims 4 Gamescom Star Wars Announcement
20%
friendlysimmerssmurf45blueAnnLee87CAPTAIN_NXR7ScobreSERVERFRA 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    GT Announcement was probably the most absurd thing that happend in an announcement. The Dance was made the pack look like a party and drama in the community are everywhere
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The dance party was cringe comedy. Batuu was just cringe.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    I'd still take the Star Wars one. My eyes still haven't recovered from that clapping and dancing from the Get Together one. Pack is great, but that announcement was a total cringe fest. I like the trailers with the Star Wars packs better too. Get Together trailer was confusing.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Since you used the word "interesting", I went with Get Together. I don't think there's been an announcement quite like it. The audience was in shock and there was a lot of silence. Then the community was like, "does anyone know what the pack is actually about??" After that, the release date was delayed a month so they could try to stuff more into it because the feedback was so unimpressed and confused.

Very cringe.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Dragon Age 4....hands down
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Rofl it sure was interesting... we're not likely to ever forget that cringefest. I still have nightmares about it :D
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    Get Together because Sims 4 was still somewhat new and had a lot of hopefully possibilities. (The hope has since been destroyed.) The dance was cringe as can be, but so was the Star Wars trailer. The narration was just plain horrible. The marketing departement needs to go.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I didnt even have the strength to watch get together announcement completely, because it was so cringe.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t think I was around for the Get Together announcement, but just from reading y’alls responses, it sounds hilarious.
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    GT made me embarrassed to be a sims fan... really don’t know why people wanted to humiliate themselves in that way. The SW announcement to be honest wasn’t bad, just made me annoyed. The only thing for me they have in common is that they left me speechless and in shock.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I don’t think I was around for the Get Together announcement, but just from reading y’alls responses, it sounds hilarious.
    Sorry to do this to you, but yes here it is. *Gives eye drops*:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9EYxMt-dr0
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

It's unbelieveable that a pack with such a powerfull tool like the clubs is marketed this way...
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited September 2020
    Not going to lie but Rachel Franklin dancing with "party people" left me feeling cringed for the Get Together announcement.

Star Wars... Meh

https://youtu.be/i-yr0ZjQN0M

The fact that the Get Together is five years old, the comments of that announcement video is still sadly true.

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m hollering in my next Zoom meeting “Let’s turn this press conference into a dance party!”

Can’t wait for my coworkers reactions 🤣
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I was so surprised about the Sims 4 Star Wars.
    I first thought they were only going to announce the regular shooting Star Wars games.
    However, when they said Sims 4 , then I thought, oh it's only another mod for players that can have mods in their computer. But, thankfully it's an actual Sims 4 Gamepack.
    I thought finally I'm able to get a game that mod players always get, I'm so happy.😂😍
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited September 2020
    Rofl it sure was interesting... we're not likely to ever forget that cringefest. I still have nightmares about it :D

hahahaha

I wish there is an Haha emoji similar to facebook. Your response made me laugh :D That Cringe Announcement so Cringey that I am a bit as shame that I am a fan o the series :D
    I’m hollering in my next Zoom meeting “Let’s turn this press conference into a dance party!”

Can’t wait for my coworkers reactions 🤣

*Insert Beautiful Now Music* :D:D hahaha
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited September 2020
    Thanks to @Scobre for giving me the opportunity to watch the GT Gamecon announcement for the very first time. I wish I could CMND+Z this entire experience...
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member

Oh my word.....that...was...I dont have words for that. It was ok until the "dance party" at the end. It was so cringey I felt my eyes watering *shudders*
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'd love to say the Star Wars announcement, but I never saw the one for GT, so it wouldn't be fair of me to vote. Not that it matters really, with most people's attitude to the SW pack, GT's gonna outshine it anyway. :smirk:
  • Options
    chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    I remember I was SOOO excited when I first saw Windenburg during the live stream. I didn't have the same feeling when I saw Star Wars.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member

oh my im happy I didn't see that last dance bit and i only saw the trailer back then
    (the horribly generic music does not help i mean that would have worked for knitting pack metal station but that music truly unhypes it)

I was just excited back then cause from title i thought get together would be like late night of ts4 or like i could have couple dance but oh well... it did not go that way : (
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free