Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Update

Apparently there is an update for the sims, does anyone know what it's for?
Gallery ID: wiccanwonder

Comments

• Options
    fififoofoo2123fififoofoo2123 Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 2020
    https://simsvip.com/2020/09/03/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-september-3rd-2020/

edit: wait I didn't notice they don't have the patch notes yet, my bad. but i usually check them first for notes lol.
    Current profile pic is of my current fave sim to play with! :-)
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yes it’s been discussed. There’s a pack coming next Tuesday, there’s always a patch before
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Of course there is duh, for some reason I didn't expect one until Tuesday. Forgot the pack comes out on Tuesday. Thanks.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    From what I've seen on the Twitter, one of the updates is the window placement where you can actually place your window anywhere.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    Truecrime_addictTruecrime_addict Posts: 108 Member
    I am VERY happy with the windows update! I build and every time i want to use windows much closer together than they previously allowed and now i can . Super! Finally, i feel happy about something with this game.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    This is a reason I didn't think of it being a pre pack patch, I've not seen any patch notes from Twitter or at the top of the page, I usually see the notes before the update notice.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »
    From what I've seen on the Twitter, one of the updates is the window placement where you can actually place your window anywhere.

I thought that was already in the game when eco living was released?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I am VERY happy with the windows update! I build and every time i want to use windows much closer together than they previously allowed and now i can . Super! Finally, i feel happy about something with this game.

I am happy with the window update too!
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2020
    So... another patch that didn't fix any of the bugs I am experiencing. Cool.
    Many thanks for the windows though! That is pretty amazing and super duper helpful and useful. Some windows literally scream for stacking. I love this.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

Interesting! Gutted the bugs from my experience may not have been fixed if not mentioned but at least some stuff I wasn't aware of is fixed.
  • Options
    > @Finbar659 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I thought that was already in the game when eco living was released?

:) No, we got alt-placement of doors , which means we could place doors anywhere, windows too! But you still couldnt have two windows "too" close together. Which limits how builders are able to design their houses.
  • Options
    Basically, that previous update allowed us to center doors anywhere on a wall , when previously, you had to choose a door based on whether it had enough tiles to be centered. Windows too, had the same problem.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Patch notes are up on here now too, but way not exciting - you can elope in other worlds - wow thanks. I was hoping that with the 6th anniversary and pre pack would have a huge update BUT it's EA and yeah never get hope up right
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm happy about the free window placement :) and the possibility to elope in destination worlds sounds nice as well.
    It's a shame the bug fixes are only cosmetic issues and nothing substantial. I guess I'll mostly stick to build mode for another month.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    goldann25goldann25 Posts: 37 Member
    What does the elope in destination worlds mean? Does it mean you can do the elope immediately action in a destination world and we couldn't before? I have never tried to elope immediately in a destination world and don't know if that was possible or not.